Author Topic: Priests - Local Lords Faith  (Read 13169 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Priests - Local Lords Faith
« Reply #30: November 15, 2011, 08:38:36 AM »
I was wrong, I saw it in testing. :)

You don't get a report 100% of the time, it's random.

If the lord is "evil", we wont say "Repent to the lord". We will burn down his estate for good  ;D

By the way, it is hard to convert the lord to your faith. Nobody, especially lords like being told what to do by its own region knight  :D For a Priest to send a letter to the lord, it receives a lower chance to convert still. Especially when I meet a lord who dont want join the faith because of another noble already inside the faith  :(

Depends on the lord, but it can complicate things.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: November 16, 2011, 10:17:07 AM »
Depends on the lord, but it can complicate things.
I am considering starting a religious war in Colonies. With enemy realm having my realm followers, why not? the only thing stopping me is my priest is elder priest but the Head Priest is not him  :-\

Time to burn all enemy lords unless they convert and bow to my priest. Time to be evil  ;D
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: November 17, 2011, 06:54:47 AM »
I am considering starting a religious war in Colonies. With enemy realm having my realm followers, why not? the only thing stopping me is my priest is elder priest but the Head Priest is not him  :-\

Time to burn all enemy lords unless they convert and bow to my priest. Time to be evil  ;D

A true force to be reckoned with is a religion with powerful priests spread out in many powerful uninvolved realms.

After all, the reason the Blood Cult did so much damage to RoF in its later days was because most of the priests came from realms like Fronen who were not actively at war with RoF, and that RoF could not afford to declare war on. The priests were therefore immune to arrest (but not to capture).

Using the faith against a realm yours is at war with, however, has only limited potential due to how easy it is for them to arrest you.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #33: December 08, 2011, 10:11:37 PM »
So, it's been claimed on here that not being able to see a Lord's faith is unintentional.  Is there any chance this bug could be fixed?  I completely understand not seeing troops, what with that making a priest merely a scout in cloth, but if anything, seeing things religion related should be our specialty. :)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #34: January 11, 2012, 04:46:56 PM »
I posted this almost 3 months ago, and I believe the first bug report filed about this issue is more than 6 months old, but the problem still excists. And I would be pleased to hear if there was any progress we could be informed about.

Thanks in advance.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #35: January 11, 2012, 06:13:27 PM »
It absolutely is intentional. The idea was that people's faith is not something visible, like their unit.

Then again, we do mess with this a little, e.g. population of a region magically knows and reacts. We might re-think it as religion becomes a more important part of the game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: January 11, 2012, 06:41:22 PM »
But... anyone *except* a priest can see the local lord's faith... The priest class is the only one that is somehow excluded from it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #37: January 11, 2012, 07:02:08 PM »
But... anyone *except* a priest can see the local lord's faith... The priest class is the only one that is somehow excluded from it.

Yeah, I figure that's what a number of uncoordinated changes do.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: January 11, 2012, 08:16:52 PM »
eh? it's not everyone's faith that gets seen. only the lord's

perhaps the lord can have a toggle to show everyone his faith (in return for faith benefit) or not show it.. (eh... does not showing it mean similar penalty to lord having different faith as peasant?)

that said, if the said lord plonked a temple down, then it should automatically be exposed.
firefox

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #39: January 11, 2012, 11:33:44 PM »
Peasants know the faith of their Lord, so if priests can't see it on the first sight, wouldn't they be able to learn it by "Estimate religions..."?

I can hardly believe that a Lord, a man of such standing, could keep his faith a secret. And if he could, everyone would think of him as a pagan.

I think it is also important for the priest game to know with what Lords you are dealing with.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 11:37:12 PM by Galvez »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #40: January 11, 2012, 11:43:06 PM »
Peasants know the faith of their Lord, so if priests can't see it on the first sight, wouldn't they be able to learn it by "Estimate religions..."?

Yeah, that's where I was thinking of putting it.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #41: January 12, 2012, 11:26:28 AM »
Will the ability to see the local Lord's faith also be removed for other classes as well?

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #42: January 12, 2012, 11:31:01 AM »
Oh, and now we are talking about this, the following came to mind, a report on Dwilight:
"The Verdis Elementum worshippers support their lord, as he shares their faith."