Author Topic: Aurvandil's War Machine  (Read 77726 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Aurvandil's War Machine
« Topic Start: February 01, 2012, 02:50:15 AM »
Can anyone confirm that such a tiny realm can become the continental superpower in a legit way? Are each and every one of them leaching other continent's gold?

I'm not fighting them, and barely have any contact with them, but this just seems suspicious.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Aurvandil's War Machine
« Reply #1: February 01, 2012, 02:53:46 AM »
o.o

Wow...That's a huge jump. The icing on the cake is that the realm's income is second to last, and the income per character is last.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 01, 2012, 02:57:29 AM »
Well, if you think they're abusing the game, take it to the Magistrates. Should make for some interesting discussion, eh?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #3: February 01, 2012, 02:59:56 AM »
Uh...how does one file a complaint against a realm?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 01, 2012, 03:01:12 AM »
Were it not for the recent battles, they'd have passed the 30k CS mark.

In Fheuv'n, we had more regions and I was constantly pumping hundreds of gold into it, and we were lucky to reach the 10k mark once and a while. Sure, I think I was the only one to call in family gold consistently, but still. I had max gold in my family and well-established characters to back me up, I doubt others can afford such things in a sustainable manner. And yet, Auvandil has been surprising with their ever-increasing might.

It just reeks of Thulsoma's exploits. And these ARE the same guys, aren't they? No offense to the players who play there, but I've never seen anyone achieve such things in a legitimate way before.

Well, if you think they're abusing the game, take it to the Magistrates. Should make for some interesting discussion, eh?

Accuse them of what? I have no proof to bring to the magistrates. Magistrates have no investigation powers. To the titans, perhaps...

I'm not sure WHAT they are doing, that's the thing. I don't want to assume they are cheating, as the only known way to accumulate such power was fixed after Thulsoma, but I'm just wondering if people can REALLY be that damn good at leaching other continents for gold of if its something else.

Plus this.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 01, 2012, 03:01:40 AM »

Target the ruler I would guess
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 01, 2012, 03:05:20 AM »
File against the ruler. If something comes out of it, Tom can sort out any actual punishment needed.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: February 01, 2012, 03:09:37 AM »
Were it not for the recent battles, they'd have passed the 30k CS mark.
Scary, huh?

It just reeks of Thulsoma's exploits. And these ARE the same guys, aren't they? No offense to the players who play there, but I've never seen anyone achieve such things in a legitimate way before.
Many of them are. And Averoth, too. And you saw what it took to take down Thulsoma and Averoth. Combined armies of Morek, Astrum, Corsanctum, Libero, and even Summerdale were required to breach those citadels and the massive troops they had. So, any chance that the Lurias can patch up their differences and recruit a 50K CS army before the Aurvandili can make it that far? How about the Veinsormoot? (And don't forget the verbal abuse they will heap upon you for getting together a coalition to deal with them... ::) )

Accuse them of what? I have no proof to bring to the magistrates. Magistrates have no investigation powers. To the titans, perhaps...
I don't know. What do you think they are doing?

(I'm not disagreeing you. It smells fishy to me, too. But I don't have any "proof" of anything, either.)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 01, 2012, 03:14:52 AM »

No idea what they could be doing. Hence why I ask here, to see what others think. The only things I could think of that could grant such might is, as far as I know, no longer possible.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 01, 2012, 03:16:23 AM »
Lurians patching up their differences? Which Dwilight have /you/ been playing on, Indirik?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: February 01, 2012, 03:18:11 AM »
Scary, huh?
Many of them are. And Averoth, too. And you saw what it took to take down Thulsoma and Averoth. Combined armies of Morek, Astrum, Corsanctum, Libero, and even Summerdale were required to breach those citadels and the massive troops they had. So, any chance that the Lurias can patch up their differences and recruit a 50K CS army before the Aurvandili can make it that far? How about the Veinsormoot? (And don't forget the verbal abuse they will heap upon you for getting together a coalition to deal with them... ::) )

(I'm not disagreeing you. It smells fishy to me, too. But I don't have any "proof" of anything, either.)

Even if Luria and Fissoa united I doubt we could field a force that would be able to take them on offensively. We might JUST manage a defense, but then the realm has almost 100% movement of there 41 nobles from all reports. I somehow doubt we would have the same.

Now if Luria and the Moot allied, and the two coalitions worked together, maybe. But could you imagine the co-ordination nightmare?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: February 01, 2012, 03:26:21 AM »
Even if Luria and Fissoa united I doubt we could field a force that would be able to take them on offensively. We might JUST manage a defense, but then the realm has almost 100% movement of there 41 nobles from all reports. I somehow doubt we would have the same.

Now if Luria and the Moot allied, and the two coalitions worked together, maybe. But could you imagine the co-ordination nightmare?

I'd rather use Aurvandil to bash on the Zuma, personally. Aurvandil scares me more than the Zuma does, and annoys me far, far less. And they both have shady ways of gaining their might.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 01, 2012, 03:33:50 AM »
I'd rather use Aurvandil to bash on the Zuma, personally. Aurvandil scares me more than the Zuma does, and annoys me far, far less. And they both have shady ways of gaining their might.

That would be interesting. I'm sure there are people already trying to work out if they can set the Zuma against Aurvandil. If you have that sort of influence over Aurvandil go for it. Personally I think it is extremely unlikely.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: February 01, 2012, 03:41:03 AM »
That would be interesting. I'm sure there are people already trying to work out if they can set the Zuma against Aurvandil. If you have that sort of influence over Aurvandil go for it. Personally I think it is extremely unlikely.

I don't have any influence over Aurvandil. I doubt anyone does.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 01, 2012, 03:47:55 AM »
What fascinates me is 41 nobles working like a single mind, it takes me ages even to get 27 nobles to recruit and have enough gold to make through the week, either they are all pro's or all the same person because I honestly dont see how they can do it so fast and so precise.
We live lives in beautiful lies...