Author Topic: Fontan deportee returned  (Read 5050 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Fontan deportee returned
« Topic Start: May 16, 2012, 04:53:40 PM »
Thought I'd point out that this player who was deported from Fontan by Tom for clanning has returned to Fontan:

http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=30651&HistoryLevel=3

2012-04-22      Caeranor Saegarus      Forcefully deported by a GameMaster to Far East.
2012-04-25      Caeranor Saegarus      Joined the realm of Arcaea
2012-05-12      Caeranor Saegarus      Immigrated to East Continent.
2012-05-14      Caeranor Saegarus      Joined the realm of Fontan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Fontan deportee returned
« Reply #1: May 16, 2012, 04:54:22 PM »
That appears to be approximately the minimum time needed to re-emigrate.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #2: May 16, 2012, 05:37:58 PM »
Similarly for Aurvandil.

http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=29103&HistoryLevel=3

2012-04-22      Reece      Forcefully deported by a GameMaster to Atamara.
2012-04-28      Reece      Joined the realm of Darka
2012-05-14      Reece      Immigrated to Dwilight.
2012-05-16      Reece      Joined the realm of Aurvandil
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 16, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
That appears to be approximately the minimum time needed to re-emigrate.

I imagine so, yes. But I was under the impression, given by the Magistrates, that they were deported so they would "compel the members of this clan to try playing the game separately, as individuals, rather than as a collective that plays the game primarily as a group". Rejoining the other clan members as soon as possible does not seem to fulfill that.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 16, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »
I imagine so, yes. But I was under the impression, given by the Magistrates, that they were deported so they would "compel the members of this clan to try playing the game separately, as individuals, rather than as a collective that plays the game primarily as a group". Rejoining the other clan members as soon as possible does not seem to fulfill that.

Oh—yes, that was not intended to indicate that they had waited as long as they were supposed to and could come back now. Indeed, I meant quite the opposite: that they had waited no longer than they absolutely had to to come back and join their clan. It's a slap in the face.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #5: May 16, 2012, 06:20:21 PM »
Oh—yes, that was not intended to indicate that they had waited as long as they were supposed to and could come back now. Indeed, I meant quite the opposite: that they had waited no longer than they absolutely had to to come back and join their clan. It's a slap in the face.

What will be done about it......
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 16, 2012, 06:26:27 PM »

Well, I would say "that's up to the Magistrates", but nobody's actually reported this to the Magistrates yet...
Timothy Collett

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 16, 2012, 06:29:58 PM »
Indeed, if someone would like to start a case, they're welcome to do so. My initial thought is that those players need a more severe punishment.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chaotrance13

« Reply #8: May 16, 2012, 06:32:44 PM »

It wasn't explicitly mentioned in the judgement, but Tom did mention in one of the various threads on the matter that he was thinking that the minimum time allowed before re-emigrating to the point of departure (in this case, Fontan or Aurvandil) was one year, but there were conditions attached to it. That way the judgement would have been served properly.

Either way, as Vellos has suggested, a case has been started.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 07:06:06 PM by Ravier »

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 17, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »
Indeed, if someone would like to start a case, they're welcome to do so. My initial thought is that those players need a more severe punishment.

I assume you mean the players whom returned there characters not general aurvandillians/ fontanites and not all the "Saxons"

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 17, 2012, 03:51:11 AM »
I assume you mean the players whom returned there characters not general aurvandillians/ fontanites and not all the "Saxons"

Yes, sorry for being unclear. I think players who have respected the judgment are fine.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner