Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Succession Fort—Angnomal, "Redstaff"  (Read 58919 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Succession Fort
« Reply #30: March 29, 2011, 05:39:18 PM »
I have generated a world, with the following modifications to the Large Island template:
  • Greater X and Y variances in temperature, rainfall, and savagery (for more interesting potential biome combinations)
  • Dramatically increased volcanism and occurrence of volcanoes (weighted mesh 2x2, ranges at 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, min volcanoes 50)
  • Cavern openness 75-100, cavern passage density 0-10, for more open caverns
  • 20 z-levels above ground, 10 for each other set level (above layers 1-5 and at bottom)
  • Caves are visible

The world is called Nitharacamade, "The Future Realms", and can be downloaded from here for those interested in poking around on their own.

The full map of it can be seen here.

I am now looking for suitable embark sites, and will report when I have found one with:

• Magma, ideally a volcano
  • Good ores, that we don't have to dig down past the cavern layers to find
  • Flux
  • A river, and no aquifer
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan