Author Topic: Meanwhile, in Solaria...  (Read 27861 times)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile, in Solaria...
« Reply #15: October 23, 2012, 10:06:15 PM »
I have no real IC reason to go poking around Lurian affairs, but I wanna know what's going on in that party  D:

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 23, 2012, 10:07:56 PM »
I have no real IC reason to go poking around Lurian affairs, but I wanna know what's going on in that party  D:

Hell, I'm directly involved with it, but the only thing I've heard is allegations from Fulco that Sevastian is working with Aurvandil.

You figure it out, let me know.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 23, 2012, 10:32:09 PM »
Would you care to provide a response to the question of rule-breaking at least?

In any realm where two duchies and the potential for a new capital exist, it isn't breaking the rules to realign one of the duchies. If it *is*, then it's a bug, and that needs to be clearly communicated. If we learn that it's a bug, I'll move the duchy back, pronto.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 23, 2012, 10:35:59 PM »
In any realm where two duchies and the potential for a new capital exist, it isn't breaking the rules to realign one of the duchies. If it *is*, then it's a bug, and that needs to be clearly communicated. If we learn that it's a bug, I'll move the duchy back, pronto.

I still don't understand how the duchy holding the capital could be transferred. I was under the impression that capitals cannot change their allegiance. Now, had the capital been transferred to BR prior to the switch, I could see it being completely legal.

* Woelfy has confusion.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #19: October 23, 2012, 10:43:03 PM »
Dukes of the capital region cannot secede to form a new realm but they can pledge allegiance to another realm.  He exception being if it is the only city in the realm.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 23, 2012, 11:45:20 PM »
The original realm is still standing, it was only a duchy that switched. Therefore, it is not a realm-merger.

If I put all of my realm into the same duchy, and then create a second one-region duchy out of a dinky townsland, and organize myself for a badland to join the dinky duchy and for the townsland to then join the main one, and then switch that duchy to another realm, effectively moving all regions except for the badland. Would this not be a realm merger?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: October 23, 2012, 11:46:37 PM »
If I put all of my realm into the same duchy, and then create a second one-region duchy out of a dinky townsland, and organize myself for a badland to join the dinky duchy and for the townsland to then join the main one, and then switch that duchy to another realm, effectively moving all regions except for the badland. Would this not be a realm merger?

a) You can't do that, because the game requires at least one city or stronghold to remain with the realm.
b) Do you not get the difference between stealing the main duchy out from underneath its outraged ruler and deliberately planning the total merger of two realms?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 23, 2012, 11:48:13 PM »
a) You can't do that, because the game requires at least one city or stronghold to remain with the realm.
b) Do you not get the difference between stealing the main duchy out from underneath its outraged ruler and deliberately planning the total merger of two realms?

a) good to know

b) if such was indeed the case. I can't say one way or another, I wasn't there. In any case, I'm happy for reduced tax efficiency and a new capital farther from the front lines. I'm sure that'll make the Lurias so much better against us.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: October 23, 2012, 11:55:57 PM »
a) good to know

b) if such was indeed the case. I can't say one way or another, I wasn't there. In any case, I'm happy for reduced tax efficiency and a new capital farther from the front lines. I'm sure that'll make the Lurias so much better against us.

Indeed it was the case Chénier. Sevastian knew nothing about it until after it was done.

For the first time, you and I are both happy about the inefficiency that will be plaguing Luria.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: October 23, 2012, 11:58:53 PM »
Indeed it was the case Chénier. Sevastian knew nothing about it until after it was done.

For the first time, you and I are both happy about the inefficiency that will be plaguing Luria.

You'd think the people with that power would be more than able to, you know, rebel and take power instead of switching allegiance...

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: October 24, 2012, 12:00:32 AM »
You'd think the people with that power would be more than able to, you know, rebel and take power instead of switching allegiance...

How is that fun?

Also, he's a priest. He can't be ruler.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: October 24, 2012, 12:03:35 AM »
How is that fun?

Also, he's a priest. He can't be ruler.

He sure as hell can be ruler.

I've been ruler many times as priest. Machiavel was the longest-reigning Prime Minister, and he has been a priest since long before the reforms.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: October 24, 2012, 12:08:11 AM »
He sure as hell can be ruler.

I've been ruler many times as priest. Machiavel was the longest-reigning Prime Minister, and he has been a priest since long before the reforms.

Oh, I thought for sure that was a prohibition somehow. Maybe it changed, although I guess it wouldn't have. I guess only infils are still prevented from being ruler or is that also not true?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: October 24, 2012, 12:08:31 AM »
Malus was ruler before, while still a priest. I don't know where the idea that priests can't be rulers came from, but that is rather silly.

Theocracies ring a bell?

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: October 24, 2012, 12:12:49 AM »

Apparently having Fulco as ruler is a more attractive idea than ruling yourself :P