Author Topic: Pokemon: Johto Journeys- Dreams and Nightmares [OOC+SU]  (Read 22141 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Pokemon: Johto Journeys- Dreams and Nightmares

Johto, the eternal land. Situated west of Kanto and south of Sinnoh, the region boasts the remains of the most ancient civilazation and secrets, if revealed, would change the history of the world forever.

Plot

The vision fades to 15 years ago. . . A boy leaves New Bark Town on an errand for Professor Elm . A red-haired boy steals one of Elm's three Pokémon, and challenges him as the boy's journey across Johto continues. A revived Team Rocket from Kanto, using plans formulated three years prior, enrages many Gyarados, including a red one, at the Lake of Rage; they then proceed to take over the Goldenrod Radio Tower in a desperate attempt to contact Giovanni . When they are defeated and Giovanni fails to return due to Celebi's intervention, the interim leader, Archer, vows to never again re-form Team Rocket. The boy continues to gather Johto's Badges, eventually gaining all eight and traveling to the Pokémon League at Indigo Plateau in Kanto, later to defeat the current Champion and get into the Hall of Fame.
But his most notable effect on Johto lies in his ability to encounter all three of the legendary beasts , as well as summon the Unown, Lugia and Ho-Oh after their long absence. A new chapter in the region's history begins. . . .

15 years have passed. The boy, or as his name was in the Hall of Fame, Ethan helped the Pokémon Rangers and Professors to bring peace and tranquility to Johto and revive and revitalise the region. Under his efforts and guidance, pokemon from other regions were bred and released into the wild. Foundations of a Safary Zone, Observatory, Museum, etc were made and trade flourished. Johto was booming. Seeing his dream come true, he left for Mt. Silver to face the Greatest Trainer of All Time, Red (or Ash), but was never heard from again.. Not in 5 years. . . . .

In the meanwhile, one young man watched over the world. His name was Aerion.. Most importantly, he was the son of Giovanni. Mad at his father's dissapppearance, mae at Archer's betrayal, mad at the worthlessness of Team Rocket, the silent warrior left off with a few loyal Rockets, ones that would lay down their life for him. Hiding from the world and other Rockets, they and their pokemon began the unimaginable training and technological advancement. . . .

Ofcourse Johto was too busy with itself. From the ashes of Team Rocket.. Rose the unbeatable Team Neo. Led by the vengeful Aerion.. They are waiting for the perfect moment to strike at the heart of Johto.. And claim what is rightfully theirs. Can anybody stop this madness? Or will Johto burn in the fires of rage? Will Ethan ever return? The Nights begin..
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:24:03 PM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
YOU

After graduating out last year, Professor Elm Jr. has taken over his father's role. After getting to know about Team Neo, he is calling ten persons from all around the region and beyond who he believes have great potential to become a successful Pokémon trainer. He gives these young people a Pokemon to care for and raise, as well as a Pokedex which they may fill and ten Pokeballs to catch wild Pokemon with.
You are one of the ten trainers selected by Professor Elm Jr., and have made your way to New Bark Town to thank the Professor as well as receive your very own partner Pokémon along with a state of the art Pokédex! You then begin your journey around the region of Johto, visiting all areas within the region on your way to obtaining all eight badges and competing in the annual Pokemon League! On your journey you may meet up with, and even travel with your fellow players, encounter some very powerful trainers, and also fight against some Team Neo Grunts. But be careful when facing them, they rarely use Pokemon, instead, they use some powerful weapons that may take your precious partner's lives if you're not careful! They've taken enough Pokemon lives already, someone's got to put a stop on them!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:26:31 PM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Im in!

I love the Johto Journey....was when i got tired and stooped watching the series...

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile

Name: (full name here)

Sex: (do I need to explain) Male/Female

Appearance: (how your charry looks like) A picture (don't show someone extremely cool, seriously) or at least 10 sentences or more.

Personality: (how is your charry, his behaviour, etc) At least 10 sentences or more.

Background/History: (Where did he/she grew up, how was his/her childhood, etc) At least a paragraph of 15-20 lines.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:44:07 PM by Cren »

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Sonya, just fill up the SU and you would be good to go.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
RULES (NO ESCAPE.. SORRY)

§1. No Godmodding or Bunnying allowed. You can't hit everything and dodge everything.

§2. You control only your character and any NPC you create.

§3. Be practical. If there is a pokémon with 1% chance of appearing, you can't meet it on every post.

§3. Remember Quality>Quantity. Your post should be atleast an hundred words big.

§4. If you want to capture a pokémon, keep the ball rocking at the end of the post. The GM (and Random Number God) will decide your luck.

§5. Put "I likez Mudkipz" in your SU to let me know you went through all of this.

§6. When you reach the end of a chapter, wait for the GM to start a new one.

§7. When you battle with a pokemon, don't give it any moves it cannot have at that level. For moves at certain level, refer to Bulbapedia.

To be continued. . . .
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 08:01:31 PM by Cren »

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Wow, that's what I call an improved sign up form. Not nearly as complete as my rol files, but in the way to it. Wanna some alignment too? No? Tsk, that Neutral Evil char will have to wait...
D'Espana Family

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I am In... This looks interesting. I will writeup a good details later ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
The Rule §2 have been modified. It is now possible to control public NPCs (Prof. Elm Jr., his assistants, Gym leaders, shopkeepers, nurses, and so on). And you can bunny a bit Team Neo grunts, but only when I introduce them. (Want to date the hot pokemon center Nurse? Go on, have fun but keep it low) Have a look at the modified rules.

And this thread is now known as the [OOC+SU] thread, you know, because I'll have an IC thread set up to keep all the OOC discussions out of it which will just contain RPs.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Anybody know the name of Prof. Elm's son? Otherwise we need to make up something.

And keep the SUs coming. Any suggestion/criticism is much welcome. This RP is an experiment.. And the first time I'm GMing anything like it. Also send me a PM if you want to Co-GM, want to add anything to the storyline, add Team Neo characters, anything.. I can't do it all alone.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I guess I could try to lend you a hand eventually. However, this is going to be way slower than regular WW in both recruiting players and events course. People tend to avoid very long games for that, I've seen it in a similar game about AVP.

Anyway, I'll submit my file on the following days, or at least that's what I hope.
D'Espana Family

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
I would totally do this if it was the older, original Pokemon. I would have zero knowledge of all the new ones, etc.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I would totally do this if it was the older, original Pokemon. I would have zero knowledge of all the new ones, etc.
I would agree with that. I like Ash Ketchum the older, original Pokemon :)

Speaking of Pokemon, can we choose Pokemon at the beginning or we wait until GM RolePlay/Update in?
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Hmm.. No new pokemon then? Since this RP occurs in Johto, we would have the 251 original pokemon.. How about only some new additions like Magmortar, Electavire, Porygon Z, etc of the like? Only new pokemon are the evolutions of Gen II pokemon?

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
You start as a Pokémon trainer who has been called by Prof. Elm Jr. After getting to his lab, you are allowed to choose a starter pokemon out of 10 (I'll post the list of starters later).

Remember, starters are first come first serve. The player whose SU is accepted first gets the most choices (10), and the 10th player would have no option but to take the starter left over (just like Ash, who had no choice but to take the Pikachu).