Author Topic: Approved: Notification when Unique Items go below x% condition  (Read 2412 times)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Title: I would want to add a notifications which warns characters about unique items in their possession which go below a certain percentage of condition.

Summary: All three characters I have, own unique items. It’s something I bought and benefit from now (prestige etc). However, I never care to look at them again (to check condition), only sporadically. Now I suddenly noticed my items are below 10% and I need to find someone to repair them, ASAP. A notification would remember players to check for this. For the moment, I would just set a fixed % (like 15% or so? Input welcome) rather than letting players set their own threshold in some sort of settings.

Benefits: Less unique items will go to waste, unwillingly. People who do not check their items every 2 days, do not notice their items’ condition lowering.

Possible Downsides or Exploits: Well, it’s again a notification, one of the many. We want notifications for every single thing that many times notifications get lost in the ‘turn messages’. Maybe this sort of notification was left out intentionally to have players keep track of their unique items instead of forgetting about them? I’m not sure. I only know I have problems with remembering to check them.
We should also make it somewhat nicer like “Your servant noticed that your armour seems to be battered and could use some repairs.” Instead of the more general “Your unique item’s condition dropped below 15%”.

Hoping to get some feedback on this.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 03:00:57 AM by Vita »
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
i agree but would set the threshold higher, more like 30%. by the time you find an advy and he finds a sage a 15% item may have crumbled already.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Yeah it's definately something to think about. I do not have much experience with the process between finding advy, finding sage etc.

I know I only noticed when condition was already 9% and it's gone down to 7% now and did not find advy yet.

But the % threshold can be discussed, first I would like to know whether people think it's a 'nice to have' feature.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Yeah it's definately something to think about. I do not have much experience with the process between finding advy, finding sage etc.

I know I only noticed when condition was already 9% and it's gone down to 7% now and did not find advy yet.

But the % threshold can be discussed, first I would like to know whether people think it's a 'nice to have' feature.

It would be good.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I think 25% would be a good threshold. Should usually be high enough that if you're paying attention, you'll have time to get it repaired.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan