Author Topic: Government rules  (Read 3289 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Government rules
« Topic Start: August 05, 2011, 10:20:08 AM »
It's been a year or two since I was in government, but I seem to remember before that upon first being elected to a council position, an auto-message would be sent directing you to the Government rules page with the do's and dont's and what have you. I feel like I've seen the page enough times to know better, but I was surprised not to get the link today.

Couldn't remember for the life of me what the page was called so in the end I searched for 'activity cycles' to find it again today. I think it was a great device to be told that every time you got elected. Kept you on your toes and keenly aware of the way you should be doing things your end. It makes me sad that players are being elected to rulership for the first time without BattleMaster whispering in their ear our very own riff on 'You're only mortal.'

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Government rules
« Reply #1: August 05, 2011, 10:37:54 AM »
Ahh, the government rules page is linked from inside the Command page. But as 'Read the government rules again.' I still think BattleMaster should be more in your face with that page >.<

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 05, 2011, 01:17:56 PM »
Doesn't it still?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 05, 2011, 03:50:50 PM »
Last time I got a Council position I remember seeing it as part of the "congratulations!   You got the position!" message.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

m2rt

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 05, 2011, 04:01:44 PM »
Last time I got a Council position I remember seeing it as part of the "congratulations!   You got the position!" message.

Yeah! I do not see it from Command, Information or Politics.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 06, 2011, 12:15:13 AM »

Elected Prime Minister   (16 hours, 47 minutes ago)
Congratulations! You have been elected Prime Minister of your realm.

Lordship Vacant   (16 hours, 47 minutes ago)
Now the Prime Minister, Malice is no longer Baron of Irdalni.

That's all I got, then the results of the referendum where there is no mention of the Government rules either. It makes me wonder about the Prime Minister before me because I think it was his first rulership and New Members Notice and Ruler Bulletin have been left all but blanked and vandalised from the end of last year now. If people aren't getting the notification, they're not learning how to play their roles properly or what they should be keeping in order.

I mean, I suppose it could be a fame thing or a family age thing that might affect it, but I doubt it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 12:16:57 AM by Revan »

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 06, 2011, 01:05:22 AM »
Can you post that (with all the usual info) on the bugtracker?  I'm absolutely certain that's a bug, everyone should still be getting the government rules and what not message.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 06, 2011, 02:14:55 AM »
Made the bug report:

http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=6165

Would be useful if anyone else who has been elected or appointed to government recently to go back and check whether they were linked to Government rules or not.