Author Topic: Insult and run  (Read 4138 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Insult and run
« Topic Start: January 21, 2012, 08:24:38 PM »
I was amused by a recent exchange with one "Ragarn Valsgarde". He had made a request for gold, despite him having done nothing except sit in the capital for over a month since joining the realm, ignoring all messages sent to him and not interacting with the realm:

"Letter from Velax de Vere   (11 days, 22 hours ago)
Dear Lord Ragarn,

Can you tell me why I should have you sent any gold? You've been in Arcaea, what, five weeks now, yet you've made no effort whatsoever to integrate into the realm, join an army or even bother to reply to my messages.

Yours sincerely,

Sir Velax de Vere
Lord Protector of Arcaea, Earl of Soniel, Marshal of the Royal Arcaean Legion
"

11 days later, I received this message:

"Letter from Ragarn Valsgarde   (44 minutes ago)
Twat.

Ragarn Valsgarde (Noble)"

"Noble has left   (44 minutes ago)
Ragarn Valsgarde (Noble) was seen in Remton, boarding a ship to Atamara.
"

I felt I should share it, given he decided to so very bravely run away after insulting me.

Zakilevo

Re: Insult and run
« Reply #1: January 21, 2012, 08:36:15 PM »
God I hate people who sit in the capital and just farm gold. Where the hell are they spending there gold?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 21, 2012, 08:53:43 PM »
Fame whoring and investments chiefly, I presume.

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 21, 2012, 09:13:10 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the insult out the door, but by the looks of it he wanted gold so he could leave. (no oath, so no gold farming) He's the tenth player/character to leave in the past thirty days (more if you count pausing), I'm more concerned with that =/

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 21, 2012, 09:18:05 PM »
Meh. Most of them were the useless Arcachonians we picked up, so no big loss. I think of all the Arcachonians who joined (10 of them? 15?) only three have actually done anything, at all, and two of them were spies for Arcaea anyway.

We're still about seven nobles up from our lowest point before the Arcachon epilepsy rebellions, so it's a net gain.

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: January 21, 2012, 09:49:33 PM »
It seems Arcaea is having some trouble defeating Arcachon. I wonder how long Arcachon will last.

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 21, 2012, 10:55:24 PM »
Meh. Most of them were the useless Arcachonians we picked up, so no big loss. I think of all the Arcachonians who joined (10 of them? 15?) only three have actually done anything, at all, and two of them were spies for Arcaea anyway.

Whether or not half the people who left were great contributors wasn't really my point :p  Players, like our friend Ragarn here, clearly aren't having enough fun to hang around and it'd be nice to know why when there are so many of them.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: January 21, 2012, 11:43:52 PM »
Arcaea doesn't really have great Oaths, yeah. I know my character is pretty irritated about it. With no income, even though he can ask for gold each time, it can get pretty annoying.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 11:57:43 PM by Telrunya »

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 22, 2012, 03:32:56 AM »
Whether or not half the people who left were great contributors wasn't really my point :p  Players, like our friend Ragarn here, clearly aren't having enough fun to hang around and it'd be nice to know why when there are so many of them.

There's nothing you can do about people like Ragarn. I sent him two messages trying to get him involved in the realm, which he ignored. I sent him an oath offer, which he also ignored. He didn't send a single message to the realm in five weeks that I saw. Yeah, we need to encourage new people to remain in the game, but at the same time, this is the sort of game where you get out what you put in. You put in nothing, you get exactly that back.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 22, 2012, 07:59:00 AM »
Arcaea doesn't really have great Oaths, yeah. I know my character is pretty irritated about it. With no income, even though he can ask for gold each time, it can get pretty annoying.

Painful, and we actually had a system to deal with this, but unfortunately the system depended on the Council getting enough gold to handle it, which we don't given some of the recent losses and larger than expected numbers of people needing extra gold.  Unfortunately, the amount of time I have to devote to BM is limited, and the amount of time I have with real brainpower is even more limited (which is why you might see me on the forums but not playing my characters).

If I might suggest, please bring this up in the Court (and ask to be on the Court if you aren't already), and let's see if someone can come up with some bright idea to handle this issue.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: January 22, 2012, 08:17:44 AM »
Y'know, that would be an interesting regression to run.  I betcha FEI gets more active in the summer/spring months.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: January 22, 2012, 12:22:48 PM »
Oh, I fully understand :) I would have brought it up earlier if my character didn't find that too much trouble. But I fear other Nobles might not stick around due it, and that might explain some of the leavings.. Anyway, the General is on it now, so let's see what happens!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 12:25:05 PM by Telrunya »

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: January 23, 2012, 04:56:04 PM »
And Sundar who is soooooooo loyal gets passed up everytime. :P :'( ???
We live lives in beautiful lies...