Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 211103 times)

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The Zuma
« Topic Start: March 14, 2011, 01:14:33 PM »
I think it would be a good idea to start splitting different threads outside the beast of a topic that is IC and OOC news. So I am posting this to have a focused view on this one interesting topic, and it seems there is a new wiki entry on this

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Zuma

And a few other bits of information scattered about:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Unti_Family/Lina/Explorer
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Igelfeld_Family/_Moritz_and_Messanger_of_the_Zuma

From my experience, the Zuma are peaceful in their own way and seem interested in just maintaining their lands and keeping outsiders out.
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #1: March 14, 2011, 01:32:43 PM »
Asylon maintains peaceful relations with them and thats about it, we trade food and at times talk. Mainly its us asking questions because of curiosity...Oh and the Daimons have given each Asylonian a +666 flame power sword and diamond skateboards that shoot flames.

Oh and Glaumring once spent time in a Daimon prison during his banishment from D'hara. He remembers seeing some other humans there before he was captured. He escaped shortly after and went to Terran.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 01:34:53 PM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 14, 2011, 01:32:59 PM »
I think it would be a good idea to start splitting different threads outside the beast of a topic that is IC and OOC news. So I am posting this to have a focused view on this one interesting topic, and it seems there is a new wiki entry on this

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Zuma

And a few other bits of information scattered about:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Unti_Family/Lina/Explorer
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Igelfeld_Family/_Moritz_and_Messanger_of_the_Zuma

From my experience, the Zuma are peaceful in their own way and seem interested in just maintaining their lands and keeping outsiders out.

They mostly are, and I did have good realtions with them for the most part (I was one of the first nobles to interact with them). We even hosted their emissary for an event on our isles.

But out of the blues, really randomly, a bunch of agressive daimons came out from over there much, much later and decided they felt like torching D'Hara. Not the least idea why. I asked them, they didn't answer. I followed them back to try to ask Vates, no luck. They just came, looted, and left when we previously had cordial relations, and it was never explained.

That was justa big wtf moment.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 14, 2011, 02:05:15 PM »
You mean that time when one of D'Hara's Nobles decided he would taunt the Daimons or was that all before that? ;)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #4: March 14, 2011, 02:44:30 PM »
You mean that time when one of D'Hara's Nobles decided he would taunt the Daimons or was that all before that? ;)

That explains some stuff. ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #5: March 14, 2011, 03:42:53 PM »
Heh, I remember Asriel Octavius. I even gave everyone in Dwilight University a copy of his taunts. It was goood stuff.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 14, 2011, 04:18:20 PM »
Heh, I remember Asriel Octavius. I even gave everyone in Dwilight University a copy of his taunts. It was goood stuff.

Except that he did that *after* the Zuma invaded and started burning stuff, so it had nothing to do with any of it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #7: March 14, 2011, 04:19:47 PM »
Oh yeah, that. Well that'll be an interesting mystery, huh?  ::)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 14, 2011, 04:26:28 PM »
Oh yeah, that. Well that'll be an interesting mystery, huh?  ::)

No, not really. Just a random annoyance, an inconsistency suggesting a temporary new GM using the powers he inherited to do stuff that completely breaks the established RP.

I've always criticized invasion-related storyline inconsistencies, which could be quite easily much better regularized. I'm not about to appreciate it on the SMA island.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #9: March 14, 2011, 04:32:43 PM »
And just what makes you think that? What makes you confident enough to declare "established RP" about a group of mysterious beings? What makes you think there is anything remotely similar to the BT Invasions going on in Dwilight?

I'm not affirming or denying anything though (because hey, I don't even know  ::) )

Also, please do not talk about GMs in a manner that might not be so respectful.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:34:56 PM by Artemesia »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 14, 2011, 04:50:14 PM »
And just what makes you think that? What makes you confident enough to declare "established RP" about a group of mysterious beings? What makes you think there is anything remotely similar to the BT Invasions going on in Dwilight?

I'm not affirming or denying anything though (because hey, I don't even know  ::) )

Also, please do not talk about GMs in a manner that might not be so respectful.

Because I can add 1 + 1 and see 2.

I'm not saying GMs as individuals are douchebags. It isn't their fault if their predecessor just goes MIA and they are told "alright, take this and just do something with it".

But GM inactivity has been a common and recurring phenomenon. It is usually followed by the same symptoms: new characters are named completely differently, dominant attitudes are incoherent, apparent aspirations unrelated, previous key characters unreachable, etc.

I don't expect them to follow the previous GM's storyline if they aren't even told in good enough details what it was, so I can't blame them for what they do or change, but in no way does that mean I have to enjoy it either.

And no, I'm not saying the two factions are related. However, they are handled in basically the same way. I've had my share of OOC discussions with GMs too, whether it be during the time they play or after they finished their job. And boy, I was dining with the Grandmaster of the Zuma before you even had hair on your chest.  8)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #11: March 14, 2011, 04:55:25 PM »
Good for you, I guess? If that means anything then please make use of that accomplishment.

It's not easy running story stuff for people, especially if there are other duties required. I'm a normal player and I find myself with not enough time to give towards good RP with a somewhat large group of 3 players and above. So sometimes it's really too bad, but hey, fall back on imagination! (Heck, I don't know what a Zuma really is anyway.)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 14, 2011, 05:00:27 PM »
Note: this is just general information off the top of my head.

While there are, indeed, two Zuma GMs, to the best of my knowledge, they have been the same two from the beginning.  In fact, I'm pretty sure the one who eventually went inactive is the one who attacked D'Hara.

Don't taunt the Zuma unless you're on the other side of the continent.  You won't like what happens afterward.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 14, 2011, 05:03:57 PM »
Good for you, I guess? If that means anything then please make use of that accomplishment.

It's not easy running story stuff for people, especially if there are other duties required. I'm a normal player and I find myself with not enough time to give towards good RP with a somewhat large group of 3 players and above. So sometimes it's really too bad, but hey, fall back on imagination! (Heck, I don't know what a Zuma really is anyway.)

Would it be *that* hard to ask GMs to write short "cole's notes" kinds of .txt documents about their factions so that when they get replaced, the other guys know what to do without making it blatantly obvious that there's a new person in charge and that absolutely all previous efforts were in vain because the new guy doesn't even know about any of it? Or to write down a basic framework of BM mythology so that all GMs can roleplay something at least somewhat coherent, and not completely contradict each other so much?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #14: March 14, 2011, 05:06:27 PM »
I could be mistaken as I am not involved at all in the GMing process, but I do have some confidence that before every GM is let loose with their special accounts, Tom or someone high up gives them a set of instructions about what to do/act/say in general.