Author Topic: Acces closest market from nearby regions as steward or region lord  (Read 6524 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
As a steward or region lord its rather frustrating that you cannot send your scribe or other staff members to the nearest market place to post a sell or buy offer.
It sounds rather strange that such an important noble has to go to the actuall market him self, in any case i believe in reality a staff member would physically go the market, not the noble in charge.

in other words, my request is for a steward and or Lord to be able to post offers from a distance to the nearest market place.
To accept offers he still first needs to know what is happening on that marketplace, thusly be in the region or first scout it or something.
But posting offers requires a simple messenger to go and post that offer.

I dont see any possible way to exploit this or any other negative effect.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

egamma

I suppose the reason is that the lord has to be the one to sign his bonds over to the merchants?

Also, please use the proper form.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
I suppose the reason is that the lord has to be the one to sign his bonds over to the merchants?

Also, please use the proper form.

Any trusted staff member could do that in his name right?
Or do you think a lord would do all those silly chores by him self.
A noble is in charge of making decisions not necessarily execute them.

Also, i believe i used the proper form, there is a title a short description a more indebt description and a section about the posible negative effects.
Or do i have to put 'short description' in front of my short description?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
If you wish this to be considered as a feature request, please edit the initial post to conform to the submission rules. Otherwise this thread will have to be either moved to the main Development forum for discussion, or closed.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Actually label your title and everything else.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Any trusted staff member could do that in his name right?
Or do you think a lord would do all those silly chores by him self.
A noble is in charge of making decisions not necessarily execute them.

Also, i believe i used the proper form, there is a title a short description a more indebt description and a section about the posible negative effects.
Or do i have to put 'short description' in front of my short description?
Bonds?  No.  There is no way to "sign them over".  The Knights Templar offered Europe its most advanced banking system at the time, including bonds that were so heavily encrypted, no one knew how to break their code.  If you gave your servants access to your bonds, they would have little to no issue with robbing you blind. All without you even noticing until the next time you went to cash in bonds.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Rejected with prejudice. For every change we make to make trading easier for lords and stewards, we are one step closer to removing the trader class.

Stop micro-managing trade is the message. Post large offers, post many offers, forget about them for a week or two and let traders to their jobs.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Rejected with prejudice. For every change we make to make trading easier for lords and stewards, we are one step closer to removing the trader class.

Stop micro-managing trade is the message. Post large offers, post many offers, forget about them for a week or two and let traders to their jobs.

If only that would work....

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
It will, IMO, but do many small offers not a few large ones as the larger ones are harder to broker.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

On Dwilight, that doesn't cut it.

Food is needed as soon as it can possibly be transferred. That means small offers must be posted very often, and we can't wait around for traders to decide to broker them. Frankly, I don't even know—on any continent—where to go to find a trader.

If we were to get automatic offers implemented, that would alleviate a lot of this problem.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster

Then we need to work on getting it to work, not making it even worse.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Then we need to work on getting it to work, not making it even worse.

Tom, if I'm not allowed to micromanage, which I tried, even with offers of 50 gold per hundred bushels, offers of all sizes, Lords still don't sell. You need to constantly annoy them before 60-80% of them accepts your offer. Allowing lords to say, above this threshold post the food for sale automatically, that will help a lot, those that need food can then accept those sell offers manually or post up buy orders manually. So traders still have a job, just the food is more accessible without less requirement to micromanage.

Also, I would like to invite you play in a realm with a low food supply, then you will notice first hand how things can go.

Zakilevo

Seriously need the old food system back. At least its automated part. This new manual system is not working out very well for many people :/ requires too much micromanagement for inactive lords.

egamma

Seriously need the old food system back. At least its automated part. This new manual system is not working out very well for many people :/ requires too much micromanagement for inactive lords.

No, what we need is for this bug to be fixed. In the Colonies, the lord of a newly-taken starving city has a marketplace--but it won't open because the population is too low, due to the starvation. he can't buy from the nearest region, because it's 108 miles away! So he has to take 5 days to travel across the realm to the only working marketplace, hoping his region doesn't revolt in the meantime. We need to get the 200 mile distance fixed, NOW.

I even made a new tag for things that are causing hundreds of players lots of grief:
High Priority

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
automatic offer is technically the same thing as making remote offers, isn't it?

---
thing about trading is that, technically it can work without a single marketplace. it would involve a bunch of lords daisy chaining and pulsing the food along. which isn't too practical in a lot of cases.

and i am not sure why marketplace is limited to towns and above only. or at least someone mentioned rurals and the like can't have marketplaces.
firefox