Author Topic: History of the Far East Island  (Read 35389 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
History of the Far East Island
« Topic Start: September 06, 2012, 09:10:57 AM »
As I write this, the final 15% are still uploading, but in a few minutes you should be able to go to http://youtu.be/ZzAUjkonbys and see the time-lapse video of the FEI there, just like for all the other islands.

When watching the video, I noticed just how dynamic FEI is. Wow. I think it has seen more changes than any other island, maybe excluding BT.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: History of the Far East Island
« Reply #1: September 06, 2012, 01:34:18 PM »
Yay! I've been waiting for this one ever since the first video was posted.

Wow, I had forgotten how weak Soliferum was at one point. It became the largest realm on the island and then collapsed in a remarkably short space of time. And Arcaea was reduced to one region! I thought the smallest it had ever been was three regions. Have no idea how we recovered from that.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 06, 2012, 02:12:56 PM »
That is fantastic. I dont remember some of that earlier stuff all that well, but as it went on a lot of it started looking mighty familiar.

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 06, 2012, 04:41:32 PM »
I'm glad I got to see what happened while I wasn't playing. It surprised me how quickly Nighthelm fell.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM »
LasanarLasanarLasanar POOF

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 06, 2012, 05:54:39 PM »
Had forgotten that Zonasa was down to one region at one point (and I should have remembered!  That war was what made me ruler the first time around!), too.

Nice to see what happened while I was gone.

That is pretty cool, much more dynamic than I expected.  For all people complain about the peace and how nothing changes . . . wow, when things happen on the FEI, they actually happen!

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 12, 2012, 05:06:22 AM »
And Arcaea was reduced to one region! I thought the smallest it had ever been was three regions. Have no idea how we recovered from that.

A prevailing island-wide preference for not destroying realms (which Conan and Jenred between them got rid of) and a desperate peace treaty.  Although that was before my time, so I'm only remembering what I heard from even older timers.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 12, 2012, 05:31:23 AM »
A prevailing island-wide preference for not destroying realms (which Conan and Jenred between them got rid of) and a desperate peace treaty.  Although that was before my time, so I'm only remembering what I heard from even older timers.
That's a good part of what saved Zonasa from the same situation, so it seems likely.  Unfortunately Arcaea's bout with one region status was after I had left the game, so I'm not sure of the specifics.

(The rest of what saved Zonasa was that our founder, the father-in-law of the ruler of the realm we were at war with, was killed in one of the final battles [actually probably the final, I think I used the death to get us a ceasefire], and from there it was the pleading of his daughter and my negotiating).

bluexmas

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 25, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »
After having to go away for a while due to a crazy job, watching this was amazing. Personally, I loved watching Toupellon bloom out of nothing the best, but I might be biased :P
The Finsternis family welcomes you.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 24, 2012, 04:02:30 AM »
I've stickied this, because it's something everyone who loves the Far East as I do should see. :)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 29, 2012, 12:15:40 PM »
Yay! I've been waiting for this one ever since the first video was posted.

Wow, I had forgotten how weak Soliferum was at one point. It became the largest realm on the island and then collapsed in a remarkably short space of time. And Arcaea was reduced to one region! I thought the smallest it had ever been was three regions. Have no idea how we recovered from that.

No after the great war with: Sartania/Lasanar VS Arcachon/Arcea we managed to take Nocaneb and then force Arcaea to one region. However quickly after that Lasanar fell and we lost:( That was also the end to my glorious reign as Pontifex hehe
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 29, 2012, 03:25:41 PM »
Sartania didn't lose because Lasanar fell - Cathay and Aenilia were running that war, and Orphen had a policy of never killing off realms. Galiard didn't, but Jenred convinced both of them to not only spare Arcaea but to help restore part of it if a new government were put in place and certain changes made.

Lasanar was already circling the drain by then and wasn't going to be able to do much about it one way or the other.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: November 30, 2012, 07:11:28 AM »
Sartania didn't lose because Lasanar fell - Cathay and Aenilia were running that war, and Orphen had a policy of never killing off realms. Galiard didn't, but Jenred convinced both of them to not only spare Arcaea but to help restore part of it if a new government were put in place and certain changes made.

Lasanar was already circling the drain by then and wasn't going to be able to do much about it one way or the other.

The hilarious thing is that Jenred wasn't even angling for that.  He was actually just trying to arrange a safe refuge for himself and Edara under the cover of negotiating.  He was...Quite surprised the cover worked out that way.

So many of Jenred's so-called great plans were like that, incidentally, that he was firmly and completely convinced he was favoured by the Aenil, because surely that was the only reason so many lost causes of his actually ended up working.  And, as that only started happening after he got engaged to Edara, he interpreted it as a divine blessing for being with her.  Odd man, Jenred.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 30, 2012, 08:55:34 AM »
So... when did the Lasanar breakup occur anyway?

Joseph joined FEI in October 2008 and he has never heard of it. It was already ancient history then, he's never heard of it other than through Galliard's rants. He's positively old now (10/2008 was only three months after Jenred became King!).

I always figured Galliard liked to speak of Lasanar because he's like 700 years old, not that it was a recent occurence.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: November 30, 2012, 11:49:12 AM »
It was 2008, I believe. Check out the history video; that will tell you exactly.