Author Topic: October 2012 Roadmap: Battlemaster Facebook Page  (Read 10659 times)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
October 2012 Roadmap: Battlemaster Facebook Page
« Topic Start: October 04, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
Greetings all,

I was unsure if this should go here or in General Discussion so if a mod wants to move it go ahead.

One of my tasks for the October 2012 Roadmap is to use Facebook to help promote the visibility of Battlemaster.  I have extensive social media experience and Facebook is the best place to start.

The goal is to show that Battlemaster is truly an engaging game, and this is where I need assistance.  My goal is to post 1 or 2 updates to Facebook a week, but since I don't play on all islands, I need help getting content.  One big key here is that this must not require any developer time, which is why I'm doing it manually.

What should be posted:  Anything dramatic. This can be a battle, a character being killed, a new ruler, political relations changing, etc. 

If you see something like this in game, just come to this thread and post it.  If you can, spice it up a bit (feel free to RP if you want) and I'll simply copy and paste it over to Facebook.

I have categorized all my FB friends (I don't know most of them, I just made friends when trying out a few games, then discovered the FB games suck).  This way I can share Battlemaster posts to the people I know who are in to games and not annoy those that are not.

What are our expectations?  They are low, but social media is just a numbers game.  The more FB posts there are the more people will check out Battlemaster.  I will be happy if we can get 1 new player per week, and even happier if 1 a month stays.

I have invited all my FB game friends to like the BM page and I ask you to do the same.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/BattleMaster/105269019532689 There's a button on the right hand side of the page to do that.

If you have ideas on what to do with the FB page, I'm all for it.

Cheers,
Scott

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: October 2012 Roadmap: Battlemaster Facebook Page
« Reply #1: October 04, 2012, 08:23:22 PM »
Please share the Battlemaster posts to your wall!

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 05, 2012, 09:44:16 AM »
Two days ago a combined Arcaean and Cathayan force of more than 1300 men stormed the largest mountain stronghold in the Far East. We overcame the outnumbered defenders, knocked the walls down and began taking the stronghold for ourselves.

Oddly, a group of undead abominations then used our own siege engines to climb the walls and attack us a half-day later, but they were beaten back.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 05, 2012, 10:25:33 AM »
Two days ago a combined Arcaean and Cathayan force of more than 1300 men stormed the largest mountain stronghold in the Far East. We overcame the outnumbered defenders, knocked the walls down and began taking the stronghold for ourselves.

Oddly, a group of undead abominations then used our own siege engines to climb the walls and attack us a half-day later, but they were beaten back.

While Cathay armies were pinned down in Haul attempting to seize control of the mountain stronghold, their enemies did not sit idle. Kindara's forces rushed to pillage the undefended western cathayan regions, while the Principality of Zonasa started an offensive in the east. Following heavy lootings by Kindara, the peasants of Pates overthrew Cathay's rule this morning. Only time will tell whether exposing two rural regions in order to take a stronghold was a right move done by Cathay's military leaders.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:26:52 AM by Peri »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: October 05, 2012, 10:46:24 AM »
I already love this. This is the kind of narrative history that I have always wanted for BM !

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 05, 2012, 01:00:55 PM »
If is possible (I'm too old for this thing of FB) Probably it could be good to put in the FB page, maps and the You-tube history of the islands...

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 05, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
If is possible (I'm too old for this thing of FB) Probably it could be good to put in the FB page, maps and the You-tube history of the islands...

I completely agree.  The history video is already up there.  I'm toying with the idea of using the Milestone feature to mark major BM events, that way they'll really stand out on the page.  I just have to decide what would qualify as a major BM event.  Input is always welcome.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 05, 2012, 02:28:25 PM »
While Cathay armies were pinned down in Haul attempting to seize control of the mountain stronghold, their enemies did not sit idle. Kindara's forces rushed to pillage the undefended western cathayan regions, while the Principality of Zonasa started an offensive in the east. Following heavy lootings by Kindara, the peasants of Pates overthrew Cathay's rule this morning. Only time will tell whether exposing two rural regions in order to take a stronghold was a right move done by Cathay's military leaders.

Thanks to the both of you, it's now posted
http://www.facebook.com/pages/BattleMaster/105269019532689

A fully intended but not mentioned benefit of this is that BM's google rankings is going to start to improve.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 05, 2012, 11:56:23 PM »
Longstanding ruler Malus Solari recently stepped down from his post as Arbiter of Solaria, inviting the first ever referendum for the Crown. Balint Tranquilli (High Executioner), Thomas Greyson (Duke), and Sevastian Guile (Preda), entered their names for submission and after three days of voting amongst the realm, the winner was decided.

Guile is now the Arbiter of the tyrannical state of Solaria. Hendrick Madigan was chosen as his successor to the post of Preda (General).

In other Lurian news, is yet another civil war brewing?

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 06, 2012, 12:28:17 AM »
I just have to decide what would qualify as a major BM event.  Input is always welcome.

Destruction and/or Foundation of realms?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Destruction and/or Foundation of realms?

I think everyone would agree with that.

egamma

Successful rebellions?

Assassinations that cause loss of position or gain more than 500(?) gold?

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Successful rebellions?

Assassinations that cause loss of position or gain more than 500(?) gold?

That's cool, it's notoriety... though would the player want their deed to be public knowledge, or do we make it more anonymous, such as "Azerax was assassinated and an anonymous figured claimed a bounty worth more than 500 gold!"

Define successful rebellion

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
The one in which ruler loses position and rebels succeed?
D'Espana Family

egamma

The one in which ruler loses position and rebels succeed?

Exactly. "These people rebelled and lost" is just maintaining the status quo.