Author Topic: Sponsoring Goodies  (Read 4933 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Sponsoring Goodies
« Topic Start: April 02, 2011, 10:22:32 PM »
So as I do love BattleMaster so very much, but have goodies for myself already, I would like to "sponsor" a few of my friends with goodies of their own.How would I be able to do with with a paypal account? It is even possible?
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Sponsoring Goodies
« Reply #1: April 02, 2011, 11:58:14 PM »
Wow, excellent idea!  "Gifting" a few months' worth of goodies would be a great thing to have. 8)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #2: April 03, 2011, 03:22:31 AM »
Is there a method already in place for that? Basically "here have my donation but put it under <family name>"

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 03, 2011, 09:56:14 AM »
Yeah, that would be a great feature.  8) I'd pay for a few friends to enjoy the game more
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: April 07, 2011, 07:39:28 AM »
You are... uhh.. JUST AWESOME :) We do need more players!

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 08, 2011, 10:47:01 AM »
Could this topic be moved to the Features forum, please?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #6: April 08, 2011, 12:34:17 PM »
It is now in Feature Requests. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #7: April 08, 2011, 01:38:13 PM »
Objected in the current form.

I want a visible difference between those who donated and those who didn't. I am, however, open for ideas how we could differentiate, so maybe the friend gets the additional character, but not the Sir/Lady title? Ideas like that I'm open for, but there must remain a difference between someone who spent his own hard-earned money on the game and someone who didn't.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #8: April 08, 2011, 01:40:58 PM »
Personal donor gets to play additional noble or adventurer, sponsored player gets to play only adventurer? It would offset most incentives to donate for other players to get them to bolster their realms' ranks.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #9: April 08, 2011, 02:12:47 PM »
Personal donor gets to play additional noble or adventurer, sponsored player gets to play only adventurer? It would offset most incentives to donate for other players to get them to bolster their realms' ranks.

I believe Tom wanted a visual representation.  Sir/Lady would be for those who donated themselves, but all those who have goodies will get another char.

Zakilevo

« Reply #10: April 08, 2011, 05:20:48 PM »
I like the idea. Yeah those who did not donate shouldn't get the title :). or donors get sir/lady in a thicker text?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 08, 2011, 10:22:49 PM »
So if you donate you become Sir Kepler?  :P
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 09, 2011, 12:03:05 AM »
I think a the earlier suggestion that the recipient of the donation receive no "sir" or "lady" is a great idea. Perhaps donators could get a donator emblem on their user details/forum user?