Author Topic: Leaving in a huff  (Read 19269 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving in a huff
« Reply #15: October 20, 2012, 09:50:28 AM »
Not for a realm, but I am so doing this for the Church of Humanity.

https://www.facebook.com/HolyChurchOfHumanity

Nice.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #16: October 20, 2012, 10:08:33 AM »
Hopefully it'll prove easier to update than the wiki.  News articles are nice, but keeping the formatting is tiresome.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #17: October 20, 2012, 01:54:36 PM »
I like the "founded 1006" notice.

But I fear moving stuff away from the wiki will not help improve the wiki.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 20, 2012, 03:44:27 PM »
I wish I had time to experiment with the semantic forms... :(
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #19: October 20, 2012, 07:12:22 PM »
I like the "founded 1006" notice.

But I fear moving stuff away from the wiki will not help improve the wiki.

I'll continue to work on the Church wiki pages, but for news, the journal/newspaper format is just an annoying thing to continue working with.

egamma

« Reply #20: October 20, 2012, 07:18:19 PM »
Nice, but maybe you should mention that it's a battlemaster religion, and not a real one?  ::)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #21: October 20, 2012, 07:39:38 PM »
Nice, but maybe you should mention that it's a battlemaster religion, and not a real one?  ::)

If people want to offer praise and worship, and consider me their Pope, I'm all for it?

Honestly though, if they don't understand from the mention of magic and daimons invading the world, I doubt a "BM Approved" message would make them realize it either. =)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #22: October 20, 2012, 09:49:26 PM »
There's probably hundreds of websites for in-game guilds and what not, and most of them don't plaster a huge "this is not real life, this is about a computer game" all over it. I know some roleplaying books that have such disclaimers. I like the one best that basically says "if you think anything in this book is real, go see a shrink".

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #23: October 21, 2012, 02:31:55 AM »
I'm glad I wasn't taking a drink when I read that Tom.

egamma

« Reply #24: October 21, 2012, 04:03:52 AM »
There's probably hundreds of websites for in-game guilds and what not, and most of them don't plaster a huge "this is not real life, this is about a computer game" all over it. I know some roleplaying books that have such disclaimers. I like the one best that basically says "if you think anything in this book is real, go see a shrink".

You don't think that a link to battlemaster.org and the Church of Humanity wiki page, would be good things to add to the "about" section of the facebook page? It would help with our search rankings, probably.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #25: October 21, 2012, 05:59:01 AM »
You don't think that a link to battlemaster.org and the Church of Humanity wiki page, would be good things to add to the "about" section of the facebook page? It would help with our search rankings, probably.

No, I'm totally with that, links are cool.

Disclaimers saying "this is not a real-world religion, it's part of a game!" are stupid. The people who need such an explicit notice are too dumb to understand it anyways.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #26: October 21, 2012, 08:37:13 AM »
Which is strange, because I specifically listed those two when I was making the page.  Dunno where they were hidden.