Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons  (Read 16956 times)

egamma

Dungeons and Dragons
« Topic Start: November 13, 2012, 12:58:55 AM »
Any D&D players here?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #1: November 13, 2012, 01:41:04 AM »
I started playing ... 32 years ago?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 13, 2012, 01:53:21 AM »
Yup.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

egamma

« Reply #3: November 13, 2012, 01:55:33 AM »
What do you think of Gnomes? I'm thinking of playing a gnome wizard or gnome bard, and go for the whole "my lifelong goal is to have my own blimp" schtick. Good idea for a character motivation, or overworked?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 13, 2012, 01:59:34 AM »
Yes.

What do you think of Gnomes? I'm thinking of playing a gnome wizard or gnome bard, and go for the whole "my lifelong goal is to have my own blimp" schtick. Good idea for a character motivation, or overworked?

My last Pathfinder character was a gnome sorcerer. 36 charisma by the time we beat the big bad bawss at lvl 20.

I always rolled like !@#$, though. So I was spamming maximized Chain Lightning like there was no tomorrow at the end. Then, when we met the big bad bawss that shot a death effect breath weapon on me, I rolled a 1 on my fort save to avoid utter annihilation.

So much for his retirement plans on his demiplane he was about to create.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 13, 2012, 02:13:34 AM »
I've played, though much less than I'd like to.

Lately I've been interested in Legend, which will be hitting 1.0 before too long, but I still haven't had the time to put together a campaign or try to gather people to play one.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ulfang

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 01, 2013, 02:49:22 AM »
I used to ... when I was younger. Played D&D in the 80's along with Middle Earth, Rolemaster, Runequest. Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek, Maelstrom. Warhammer, Dragon Warriors, Tunnels & Trolls, Judge Dredd, Conan ... ok the list goes on.

The top and bottom of it is when the CRPG came into being I drifted off towards the single player game and never really went back.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 01, 2013, 11:58:15 AM »
Is Icewind Dale considered D&D?

Ulfang

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 02, 2013, 01:20:35 AM »
Is Icewind Dale considered D&D?

It is. It's set in the Forgotten Realms and I think the game used 2nd Edition rules but the thread is related to the Pen n Paper game rather than computer versions. There have been some good Forgotten Realms CRPG's. Menzoberranzen comes to mind (that's going back a bit), Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, Ruins of Myth Drannor and, of course, the Baldur's Gate series to name but a few.

Edit: How could I forget Neverwinter Nights ;)

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 15, 2017, 05:30:39 PM »
Played D&D for MAAAAANY years. Mostly under 3.5 rules.
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #10: April 19, 2017, 05:11:26 AM »
This year, a few Co-Workers and I started up a game night (D&D). We did several nights of Star Wars D&D. We just started a Pathfinder Campaign. My character is a Kitsune White Necromancer (3rd Party Class).

Here is a good website for information. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
This site has a lot of helpful information.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 19, 2017, 01:01:55 PM »
Yea, we play Pathfinder over here. I think I'd rather 5e, but at this point, all of us are too lazy to learn a new ruleset. XD
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 20, 2017, 11:52:39 PM »
I'm doing a campaign with friends. We started about 4 weeks ago.
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #13: April 26, 2017, 04:40:30 PM »
I'm doing a campaign with friends. We started about 4 weeks ago.

What kind of character are you running?
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 26, 2017, 05:07:57 PM »
Those are multi-accounts, not multi-characters.

And yes, that's why a bunch of them are now locked.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan