Author Topic: 101 Ways to Destabalize the Northern Astroist Federation  (Read 77488 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Since there's been so much lamentation, here are some ideas to make the north a little less peaceful.

1. Jack up your taxes until a duchy secedes.
2. Secede a duchy anyway, make up a reason. Maybe you consider the Northern Isle "The True Astrum" and all those chumps to the north are freeloading immigrants leaching off of your sacrifices.
3. Create a secret anti-astroist society and build up power then start a rebellion.
4. Start a rebellion for some other reason. Remember those taxes I was talking about?
5. Get into a fight over who gets to make Libero Empire their vassal state.
6. Get into a fight over who gets the mountain range between Niselur and Astrum. Remember there's been talk of making mountains more valuable as a source of resources.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:38:13 PM by pcw27 »

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
7. War of Flowers: Church-sanctioned wars between SA members - terms decided beforehand - loser pays winner x amount. Like tournaments, but with more peasant death.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
What happened to the Astrum v. Morek dichotomy? Why don't those two fight? Would be epic.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Astrum and Morek have no reason to fight. Their one-time rulers, Brance and Bustoarsenzio, were close friends. There was really only one incident, many years ago, that saw Morek and Astrum at odds.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Astrum and Morek have no reason to fight. Their one-time rulers, Brance and Bustoarsenzio, were close friends. There was really only one incident, many years ago, that saw Morek and Astrum at odds.

Bummer.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
7. War of Flowers: Church-sanctioned wars between SA members - terms decided beforehand - loser pays winner x amount. Like tournaments, but with more peasant death.

I've thought of that I'm not sure if anyone would go for it.

It could be accomplished by just setting troops on murderous so that wouldn't necessarily require a war. Although claims of cheating in these grand melees might be cause to start one.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Start a fundamentalist movement and antagonize the moderates.

Gustav Kuriga

Start a fundamentalist movement and antagonize the moderates.

What do you think is happening now? >_<

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
I've thought of that I'm not sure if anyone would go for it.

It could be accomplished by just setting troops on murderous so that wouldn't necessarily require a war. Although claims of cheating in these grand melees might be cause to start one.

It's something I've always wanted to do - get a few single duchy kingdoms in a small area, and have them just war each other symbolically. Or, you know, since I mentioned War of the Flowers... How !@#$ing epic would it be to get an Aztec-inspired society-religion (but updated to a more medieval mindset) that overlaps the tiny kingdoms? Symbolic wars, where captured nobles are executed to feed a god of renewal and blood.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
It's something I've always wanted to do - get a few single duchy kingdoms in a small area, and have them just war each other symbolically. Or, you know, since I mentioned War of the Flowers... How !@#$ing epic would it be to get an Aztec-inspired society-religion (but updated to a more medieval mindset) that overlaps the tiny kingdoms? Symbolic wars, where captured nobles are executed to feed a god of renewal and blood.

Wrong continent, wrong time. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
What do you think is happening now? >_<

Also, this is quite true.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
Wrong continent, wrong time. ;)

Not at all - you can take Aztec symbolism and ideas and easily slot them into a feudal society. In fact, I'd argue they work better than some of the religions already floating about Dwilight.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Not at all - you can take Aztec symbolism and ideas and easily slot them into a feudal society. In fact, I'd argue they work better than some of the religions already floating about Dwilight.

He was referencing the pseudo-Aztec religion he made on Belu. Cult of Blood or something other, I think?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

This is absolutely correct.

If Chénier hadn't insisted on the Aztec-inspired naming and such, I honestly don't see any good reason why his original Blood Cult ideas wouldn't have fit Dwilight just fine. From what I can remember of the basic principles, they were pretty abhorrent to modern Westerners, but would be relatively reasonable to a medieval non-Abrahamic society.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
He was referencing the pseudo-Aztec religion he made on Belu. Cult of Blood or something other, I think?

Yes, the Blood Cult on Beluaterra.

This is absolutely correct.

If Chénier hadn't insisted on the Aztec-inspired naming and such, I honestly don't see any good reason why his original Blood Cult ideas wouldn't have fit Dwilight just fine. From what I can remember of the basic principles, they were pretty abhorrent to modern Westerners, but would be relatively reasonable to a medieval non-Abrahamic society.

Because Tom said he didn't want non-european-inspired religions and concepts on Dwi. If it was just the names, then sure, they could have been changed. That was never the issue, though, as far as I ever was made aware. Medieval abrahamic societies was precisely what he wanted.