Author Topic: Reduce time needed for repair equipment damage.  (Read 10563 times)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Repairing takes horrible amount of time. There should be some sort of fixed max time.

Repair 55% (176 gold, 63 hours) - can't, not enough time

-Jaune

~Violence is always an option!~

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Yup. That's ridiculous.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Should be noted that the game has changed. Used to be that people used 40 man units. These days 80 men isn't that unusual because of the diminished player count. I mean, Darka has 15 or so nobles with 100+ man units.

I'd fully support checking whether the repair times are sane for the game anymore.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Agreed, the game has evolved to a point where nobles in general have larger units. The repair times are ridiculously high in some cases.
Ardet nec consumitur.

egamma

How many men is that?

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
200 infantry.

The point is that i walk for 5 days and repair damages of that walk for week.

egamma

The only reason you would ever need 200 infantry is if you are going to attack walls and expect massive casualties. And if you take massive casualties, then you'll have less equipment to repair.

You'd get a much stronger unit for the cost if you went with Special Forces.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
I know i would get much stronger unit if i get SF, but thats not the point. Point is that it takes awfull lot time to repair big units. And no, i'm not going to attack against walls. And i dont intend to get my unit wiped out. I hope i can keep it tip top shape as long as needed... but i will prolly die old age before i'm able to repair that unit.

We have prolly about 20 over 100 men units, and thats still not even close to amount what we face on battlefields... and we are defenders and we are not able to fix our gears while other realm goes back to home and recruits new unit and marches back... they have EQ better shape than we have.

It cant be so that it is faster to train fresh men than repair their gear.

-Jaune

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile

Good luck with that after they were nerfed by the limit put on how many recruits an SF center can hold. They're essentially useless now if they're in a rural region and you're refitting often enough.

But that's a whole other topic.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
The only reason you would ever need 200 infantry is if you are going to attack walls and expect massive casualties. And if you take massive casualties, then you'll have less equipment to repair.

What exactly is it about large unit that harms the game and calls for compensation with ridiculously high repair-times? If anything, large units are a goal to work towards through war and battles.

Zakilevo

No!

Look at these Darkans! Game mechanics shouldn't be changed to benefit just one realm! Nevah! 8)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I don't think the price of repairing should change, but the hours spent could do with coming down. The size of units certainly has gone up over the years and short of a sudden influx of many dozens of players that doesn't look likely to change any time soon.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I don't think the price of repairing should change, but the hours spent could do with coming down. The size of units certainly has gone up over the years and short of a sudden influx of many dozens of players that doesn't look likely to change any time soon.

The only way I could see this being justified is if it required the construction of multiple smithies in the same region and a minimum number of men. For example, if you have 200 men and there are two smithies in the region, it's fair to assume that 100 men could go to each and get the work done in half the time than if they all went to the same.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
I have 44 men and will took me lots of hours to repair, hours that I don't have so, what I am doing is repairing 1 hour each turn and using the remain hours to do what I really need.

Things need to be adjusted to the changes we had as everything else.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I think lowering the repair times would be a tricky call. Having a long repair time for large units acts as a counterbalance against the natural advantage that big or giant realms have on the battlefield. If it takes them many days to do the repairs on an army of 100-200 troop units, it at least gives the smaller realms an opening to do something. I have a duke who's regularly fielding 165, 1000+ CS, infantry and has all the gold he could possibly need. Repair times are the only thing that slows him down. Imagine large or giant realms, with all their gold and recruitment centers, having everyone leading 80-200 troop units and having a fast turnaround time on the refit due to lowered repair times. Everyone playing in a small or medium realm may as well give up.

The underlying problem here is that the game is starting to become non-viable on most islands because there aren't enough players/characters. That's the only reason that everyone is trying to maintain massive units.