Author Topic: Can a lord be removed?  (Read 2943 times)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Can a lord be removed?
« Topic Start: April 17, 2014, 01:21:59 AM »
That's the question. If so, how and by whom?

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Can a lord be removed?
« Reply #1: April 17, 2014, 01:27:31 AM »
Banishment (at which point they'll likely transfer the region out of your realm), or being seriously wounded for (IIRC) five consecutive days (I believe that's the time without logging in before autopausing).  I believe being imprisoned would do it as well.

EDIT: A priest could also conduct an auto da fe and have them removed if they are not the religion of the majority of the peasantry.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 17, 2014, 01:29:53 AM »
I believe imprisonment should also result in a Lord losing his position; however, I don't think I've completed the standardization of position loss yet, so I'm not 100% sure about this.

Other than that, OFaolain is correct. Those are the only methods to remove a Lord from his Lordship. (And auto da fe does have a few additional restrictions, as well.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 17, 2014, 04:24:11 AM »
I believe imprisonment should also result in a Lord losing his position; however, I don't think I've completed the standardization of position loss yet, so I'm not 100% sure about this.

Other than that, OFaolain is correct. Those are the only methods to remove a Lord from his Lordship. (And auto da fe does have a few additional restrictions, as well.)
Imprisonment does result in lordship loss.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton