Author Topic: How far East is still considered West?  (Read 7925 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
How far East is still considered West?
« Topic Start: April 27, 2014, 12:31:01 AM »
When the monster invasion started it was my understanding the monsters were only taking the western landmass. But now we've got 15,000cs taking over Libidized. Are the Islands also monster territory or are certain areas kind of contested so the monsters might take them over and they might not?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: How far East is still considered West?
« Reply #1: April 27, 2014, 12:51:26 AM »
I believe it's just the island of Libidizedd and the island of Valkyrja that are getting overrun.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Roran

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 27, 2014, 02:34:43 AM »
Actually this greatly adds to the RP we are building up. Holding Valkyrja will be interesting against monster hordes.

EDIT: If that's possible at all.

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 27, 2014, 08:25:01 PM »
I believe it's just the island of Libidizedd and the island of Valkyrja that are getting overrun.

It was stated elsewhere on these forums that the monsters were only going east to Ygg d'Razhuul.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 27, 2014, 08:30:39 PM »
It was stated elsewhere on these forums that the monsters were only going east to Ygg d'Razhuul.

If that is the case, then it was either an error, or someone who didn't know what they were talking about.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 27, 2014, 10:58:18 PM »
If that is the case, then it was either an error, or someone who didn't know what they were talking about.
Some changes have been pushed live that should assist the realms whose lands are being reclaimed in finding new lands for yourselves. When drafting recruits, you will have a new option available that will allow you to draft many more recruits, at a very large cost in region morale. Your troops will need much less pay for the time being, and will not complain about being far from home. Oh, and you won't need an adjacent region to start a takeover. These bonuses will only apply to realms in the west of Dwilight, and realms that have already lost at least 1 region to the Ice.

Additionally, I would like to share with you some rough estimates of the final extent of the glaciers (subject to change without notice):
East Continent
Atamara
Far East

On Dwilight, the monsters will be more or less bottled up behind Ygg d'Razhuul and Candiels, and prevented from crossing the sea routes.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: April 27, 2014, 11:22:58 PM »
Let's not forget that was a 'Rough' estimate.

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 28, 2014, 08:40:51 PM »
Thank you Penchant for finding that, I had thought it was Anaris that stated the bounds of the monsters originally.

Anaris, are all the monster controlled regions equally artificially impossibly uninhabitable, or are the gradations of how hard the monsters will fight for an area depending on how west or east the region is located?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 28, 2014, 08:51:06 PM »
Thank you Penchant for finding that, I had thought it was Anaris that stated the bounds of the monsters originally.

Anaris, are all the monster controlled regions equally artificially impossibly uninhabitable, or are the gradations of how hard the monsters will fight for an area depending on how west or east the region is located?

At present, there are no artificial restrictions on holding the regions in the West. Ideally, I would prefer to rely (almost) entirely on the monsters themselves to provide that restriction, and I plan to try that and see how things go. If people start finding unduly clever ways of circumventing the monsters, additional restrictions may need to be imposed, but I doubt that I will have to go that far.
Timothy Collett

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 28, 2014, 10:52:54 PM »
unduly clever ways of circumventing the monsters

Challenge accepted 8)

(I kid, I kid).
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 29, 2014, 03:18:11 AM »
unduly clever ways of circumventing the monsters

How about having a ton of people sail to Ruins of Walfurgisnacht, quickly TO it, and then build the walls up to max?

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 29, 2014, 05:50:18 AM »
How would you feed it?
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 29, 2014, 06:16:15 AM »
If you wanted any real chance it would have to be a coastal city on the inner sea.  .  After that you could probably take the townsland with good timing and lots of effort.   From the scout reports I've seen I don't see how you could hope to keep a non walled region for very long.

long ranged archers and SF.  Lots and lots.  The problem is a sea landing. .
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 29, 2014, 05:46:53 PM »
How would you feed it?
Bring along a trader with trading at 70+%.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 29, 2014, 06:02:00 PM »
Fortresses are self-sustaining in regards to food. However, garrisoning too many troops there could cause some food problems.

As for traders, no skill is required. In fact, all it would take is a steward. You could have the steward of the realm providing the food journey to the realm being fed, and then just accept any Buy offer posted in the region being fed. Or, you could have the steward of the realm being fed travel to the realm providing the food, and then buy any Sell orders being posted. There's probably other ways to do it, too, including high-skilled traders posted somewhere in between. Or chains of lords, etc.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.