Author Topic: Attack on Sasrhas!  (Read 61670 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Attack on Sasrhas!
« Topic Start: January 07, 2015, 03:30:20 AM »
It was fun, even if we lost.

We had waaaay too much ranged SF, and not enough infantry. But wow, does it do some damage! Lots of wounds all around. Close finish.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

altamira

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Attack on Sasrhas!
« Reply #1: January 07, 2015, 03:41:00 AM »
So glad to finally see some action. Hoping to see you all again soon. :)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 07, 2015, 03:41:23 AM »
Kind of sad that the first war is against poor OW though. That realm can never seem to catch a break.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 07, 2015, 03:55:44 AM »
They don't deserve one! I've been trying to wipe them off the island for ... four years now? Ugh!

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 07, 2015, 04:17:33 PM »
Speaking as a former long serving Prime Minister of OW, they deserve to die. The game will be a better place without it in existence.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 07, 2015, 04:21:08 PM »
I don't care whether OW deserves to live or not. After what Coralynth pulled, they don't.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 07, 2015, 09:43:16 PM »
I don't care whether OW deserves to live or not. After what Coralynth pulled, they don't.

Indeed, that is very much my feeling.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: January 07, 2015, 10:07:30 PM »

Did they pull yer leg?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 07, 2015, 10:10:29 PM »
Did they pull yer leg?

Let me put it this way:

To seek to gain the upper hand by surprise when starting a war against a foe fully able to defend itself against you is sound strategy. To do so against a realm already beset by a foe significantly larger than itself, one whose strength you outmatch on your own by a fair amount, stains your reputation to no good purpose.

But to advance upon such a realm, be challenged by its ruler, and respond with a ridiculously transparent fabrication, then go through with the attack? Why would you ever do such a thing? What can you gain by it but the contempt and distrust of your peers?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 07, 2015, 10:28:25 PM »
Because honor is nice, but winning is much nicer.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: January 07, 2015, 10:30:29 PM »

Now, see, that would make sense if the situation were the one I described in the first sentence of that.

This is more like walking nonchalantly past the 5-year-old, then slipping your foot back, tripping him, punching him in the gut, grabbing his candy bar, and running away.

If you had just run up to him, grabbed the candy bar, and run on, you would have achieved the same effect, and not look like such an unmitigated !@#$%^&.
Timothy Collett

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: January 07, 2015, 10:55:11 PM »
Well, if you're gonna take candy from a toddler, you're already an !@#$%^&, so you might as well go all the way :P

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: January 07, 2015, 11:09:18 PM »

Being truly honourable is a great thing. Convincing everyone you are honourable while not being is great. All other situations are a hollow victory when the gods weight your achievements.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: January 08, 2015, 01:35:04 AM »
I wonder how many people ic know what you're talking about. My character is wounded, and wouldn't care anyway. Getting rid of ow is with any price.  But still, i wonder who knows.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: January 08, 2015, 01:45:37 AM »
I wonder how many people ic know what you're talking about. My character is wounded, and wouldn't care anyway. Getting rid of ow is with any price.  But still, i wonder who knows.

Well, I can't imagine that anyone in Coralynth doesn't know at least that they attacked OW with a last-second war declaration.

On the other hand, I'd be quite surprised if Queen Eva passed on the fact that OW saw them coming, called them out on it, and then she said, basically, "We are not currently, at this second, stabbing swords in your faces. I don't know what you're talking about!" And two days later declared war.
Timothy Collett