Author Topic: Approved: Period of time after takeover that region cannot be bought  (Read 4490 times)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I was wounded & don't know the specifics of a recent case, so it's not with anyone in mind, Pryde ;-)

But there's a well-known trick of hanging around a region until a TO finishes, then quickly purchasing it before they can appoint a Lord. It basically amounts to "who can click the fastest"

Can we just put a waiting period on this sort of thing, some reasonable time such as a turn or two?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 03:01:30 AM by Vita »

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I was surprised as well, when I saw a different banner flying all of the sudden.

I thought about the same proposal you just did, but I'm not sure..

Would love to hear other people's opinion on it.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Any situation that involves a "who can click the fastest/first" is not desirable. There probably should be done kind of delay or protection for a very short time. At the least, a one turn delay would work.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Any situation that involves a "who can click the fastest/first" is not desirable. There probably should be done kind of delay or protection for a very short time. At the least, a one turn delay would work.

Some flavor text, like "A loyal government has just been put into place, you could not find someone corrupt enough to forge the documents" or what not.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Well known trick? I've hardly seen it used so I'd be curious what other wars have seen the tactic. So I could be better informed, if I am not.

The recent case, it was a already turn after the TO before it was bought. And it's *really* not a click race. If Pryde family *had* bought it immediately after TO, he probably would've failed (possibly arrested with option to banish). Military CS of the region owner is a big deterrence to region being bought, so Perdan moving out of the region was quite helpful to the recent incident succeeding.

So instead of jumping to new restrictions, lets explain the feature moreso. It would be great if someone recorded the information in the Wiki Manual.

To see the option to buy a region...
You're not on War Island.
You're not within your own realm.
Your family has more than 4200 gold.
You are not a rogue.
Your family has 1,000 more gold than the region cost.
-- The region cost is determined based upon loyalty to realm owner, population, and region type.
You are not travelling.
You have 4 or more hours.
Not live yet, but coming change will only display link when in region which can be bought (lordless, seriously wounded lord, imprisoned lord). Currently it displays for all and checks on the page itself.
To buy a region... (in addition to all of the above)
You cannot be a lord already.
You cannot buy regions from NPC realms like Netherworld.
You cannot buy capitals or regions bordering capitals.
You cannot buy rogue regions.
The more military CS of the region owner, the greater the chances of failure.
--Between the two 'now' and 'turn' options, turn is the easier one to succeed on, all else being equal.
Failure ranges from losing some gold, to losing more gold, to losing more gold (given to gov member of region owner realm as bonds) and being imprisoned with option of banishment. Those are roughly in order of least likely to most likely failure.
The turn option requires remaining within the region at turn change.
The turn option appears much more innocent and like an actual revolt than the now option.
If the region is already in the realm when the turn runs, there is recovery of some of the gold.
There are TODOs to add additional failure options to turn option when it runs the delayed buy.
Regions bought by estateless nobles join the nearest geographic duchy of the realm.
Regions bought by knights/dames, dukes/duchesses join their duchy. If a non-ducal ruler buys a region, a new duchy is created for his new region in the name of the new region (or if that already exists as a duchy name New RegionName).

I'm not adamantly opposed to a new restriction here, but I don't really see the necessity of it when its not used very often and has a number of additional restrictions already.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 08:02:05 PM by Vita »

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Haha well that was the opinion I was waiting for.

Knowing this, I do not think we need to add anything else.  :P
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Oh. A few more details. Military CS has to be stationary. Travelling, retreated, scattered, rallying etc. doesn't count (too busy doing something else to be responding to a Corruption Event). There is also a TODO about changing the CS-based checks to being based upon # of troops instead.

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Off the top of my head, I saw it happen in case mentioned, I saw it happen in Hawthorne, and I've done it myself.

It really isn't as hard as it seems to get those ducks in a row. If you read through your list, most things you mention are not even real restrictions.  I imagine it has happened other times.

Considering how easy it is to block & the impact on the game when it happens, I think you ought to give it more thought.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Off the top of my head, I saw it happen in case mentioned, I saw it happen in Hawthorne, and I've done it myself.

It really isn't as hard as it seems to get those ducks in a row. If you read through your list, most things you mention are not even real restrictions.  I imagine it has happened other times.

Considering how easy it is to block & the impact on the game when it happens, I think you ought to give it more thought.

Yeah, Vita I'm going to have to heavily disagree with you here.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
I'm willing to admit my Past Self was wrong. Not sure if this was ever changed, but it should be.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Yea, feels pretty ridiculous to instantly undo a takeover. A 1 turn prohibition would seem minimal, perhaps up to 3 turns would be proper.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
I think it should be full-turn only (per day, not per turn). And enough time to have put an effort into stabilizing region. So, somewhere between one to five days?