Author Topic: East Continent Concerns About Xavax and Perdan  (Read 65633 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Well quite simple. Due to the situation in the south with these rediculous hatred situations we run the risk of losing 2 or 3 realms in the south, so that's potentially a problem yes and Xavax taking power all over the south. I don't see Perdan doing so, which is why I made that statement.

Perdan is already destroying Eponlynn, a realm that was the size of both Alara and Minas Nova combined. So I'm sorry if I fail to see how they're any better, if not worse. Please, try and become more informed before you throw out disparaging theories about other realms.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Well, thats the problem with hatred. You ask to become destroyed.

-jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Perdan is already destroying Eponlynn, a realm that was the size of both Alara and Minas Nova combined. So I'm sorry if I fail to see how they're any better, if not worse. Please, try and become more informed before you throw out disparaging theories about other realms.

I am quite informed I think. Did you for instance know that Perdan offered peace to Eponllyn several times without Eponllyn having to give up anything north of the river (everything south they had already lost anyway at that point, so they could keep all their current lands) if only they would remove the stupid hatred stance (which while only one realm is at hatred, you're still able to do I might add). In fact, I'm quite convinced from an OOC standpoint that Eponllyn won't be destroyed even now, also with Ketchum's hints, but we'll see how that plays out.

Xavax on the other hand also declared hatred on Minas Nova, so no way back there other than to destroy each other. At the same time I've seen no indication that Xavax also won't destroy Alara. This means 2 realms lost (and possibly replaced by other realms) in the south and prob none in the north.

Now do tell me where I'm so wrong and illfully informed?
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Did you for instance know that Perdan offered peace to Eponllyn several times without Eponllyn having to give up anything north of the river (everything south they had already lost anyway at that point, so they could keep all their current lands) if only they would remove the stupid hatred stance (which while only one realm is at hatred, you're still able to do I might add).

Except Eponllyn cannot remove the hatred unless Perdan offers to. Last I heard Perdan was demanding Eponllyn remove it (as you say), which they cannot. Unless Perdan sends an offer for them to do so.

Also, Eponllyn surrendered to Perdan. Perdan kept warring Eponllyn anyway. More than once so Perdan could keep taking more. Perdan also violated all the 'limited war' talk that the players were OOC patting themselves on the back for just months beforehand. Perdan may not have mechanically declared hatred, but they've behaved like they were at hatred throughout the war.

Didn't Minas Nova and Alara threaten to destroy Xavax entirely when they declared their hatreds and have refused to discuss terms at all? You can't treat with those who insist on trying to kill you.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Except Eponllyn cannot remove the hatred unless Perdan offers to. Last I heard Perdan was demanding Eponllyn remove it (as you say), which they cannot. Unless Perdan sends an offer for them to do so.

Also, Eponllyn surrendered to Perdan. Perdan kept warring Eponllyn anyway. More than once so Perdan could keep taking more. Perdan also violated all the 'limited war' talk that the players were OOC patting themselves on the back for just months beforehand. Perdan may not have mechanically declared hatred, but they've behaved like they were at hatred throughout the war.

Didn't Minas Nova and Alara threaten to destroy Xavax entirely when they declared their hatreds and have refused to discuss terms at all? You can't treat with those who insist on trying to kill you.

Allow me to make something clear, which might have gone lost with GundamMerc's assaults on my perception. I have clearly stated the following:
"This is not Xavax' fault, but it does pose potential problems for the future."

Perdan has been hard on Eponllyn and if Perdan has to offer peace before Eponllyn can accept it, then that's the first time I've ever heard of that rule myself. Perhaps someone should make that piece of game mechanic clear to them.

The limited war thing of Perdan/Vix and Eponllyn/Nivemus has gone wrong yes, but by no means are they 'forced to do so'. I agree that the entire situation did not deserve a beauty award. However the situation as it is, seems like Perdan does not wish to destroy Eponllyn and I doubt they will. GundamMerc stated otherwise and it's why I brought it up.

Of course Xavax is in a tough spot, but I speak of the meta environment. If they destroy Alara, Minas Nova must follow because of the hatred thing. When that happens, Xavax will controll the entire south and I don't see Fallangard going away from them, cause they're in a tough situation diplomatically, always have been. Thus the creation of a southern power block can easily happen, which can create problems in the future. That is all I've said and I welcome anyone to prove differently.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Perdan has been hard on Eponllyn and if Perdan has to offer peace before Eponllyn can accept it, then that's the first time I've ever heard of that rule myself. Perhaps someone should make that piece of game mechanic clear to them.

If Keplerstan declares hatred on Evilstan, then Evilstan needs to send the raising-relations paperwork to Keplerstan for Keplerstan to remove the hatred. Keplerstan cannot remove the hatred on their own. This is why if Keplerstan declared hatred on Evilstan and Evilstan declared hatred on Keplerstan, neither would be able to offer raised-relations with the other because they'd both be at hatred with the other.

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
So one or the other has to die?? Lordy... what a mess

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Only if hatred is mutual.

You know declaring hatred is declaring everyone and everything to do with their realm to be Evil Incarnate, yeah? Completely savage, ignoble, daimon-worshipping, inhuman, kicking puppies and babies, evil nose-picking bastards! And it doesn't have to be until death. They could continue to remain at hatred without killing each other with on and off again active wars/campaigns. In fact, I'd find that a neat concept. A constant hot-and-cold/active-inactive hatred between realms. The old rivalries for instances, Sirion-Perdan, Yssaria-Caligus, Enweil-Riombara, D'Hara-Luria etc.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:17:27 PM by Vita »

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Allow me to make something clear, which might have gone lost with GundamMerc's assaults on my perception. I have clearly stated the following:
"This is not Xavax' fault, but it does pose potential problems for the future."

The limited war thing of Perdan/Vix and Eponllyn/Nivemus has gone wrong yes, but by no means are they 'forced to do so'. I agree that the entire situation did not deserve a beauty award. However the situation as it is, seems like Perdan does not wish to destroy Eponllyn and I doubt they will. GundamMerc stated otherwise and it's why I brought it up.

Of course Xavax is in a tough spot, but I speak of the meta environment. If they destroy Alara, Minas Nova must follow because of the hatred thing. When that happens, Xavax will controll the entire south and I don't see Fallangard going away from them, cause they're in a tough situation diplomatically, always have been. Thus the creation of a southern power block can easily happen, which can create problems in the future. That is all I've said and I welcome anyone to prove differently.

You're assuming Xavax wants all that land. They don't.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

But what other option do they have atm? Also, they don't want to wipe out Alara? Cause so far everything I've seen points into the other direction.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Yeah, that reverse hatred thing was a knee jerk reaction for me. I'd never seen it used in game and wanted to try it out. I'd actually intended to do it for both Minas Nova AND Alara, but found that I could only have one at a time. I did not realize it could never be revoked...but that just makes things more interesting. But trust me, pieces are in motion...

That said, I just don't see the southern wars ending any time soon, and Xavax has been famously unconcerned about matters beyond their borders. That does not, however, mean that things are immune to change. For example, what if Caligus attacks Fallangard while Xavax is distracted? What if either Caligus, Alara, or Xavax suffer a leadership change? And If they do that, what's to stop a land grab against Caligus from their neighbors? What will Perdan and Vix do if Xavax takes Ibaldesh? What if Xavax magically takes Semall and its Duchess takes the rest of her lands to join Perleone?

There are so MANY possibilities! So much room for activities!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
But what other option do they have atm? Also, they don't want to wipe out Alara? Cause so far everything I've seen points into the other direction.

We want to quell the rebels of Itorunt and destroy the bandits of Semall, yes. Itorunt lies in Greater Xavax, Semall does not. The Imperium is only concerned with the lands of Greater Xavax. Read into that as you will.

Besides, we technically have one law (don't anger the Xerarch) and I've never seen a realm more actively use doublethink and propaganda as freely as we do. We are purpose built to be isolationist. When the war ends there will be more RP room.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
and more Wine!

State sponsored wine for all!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
If Keplerstan declares hatred on Evilstan, then Evilstan needs to send the raising-relations paperwork to Keplerstan for Keplerstan to remove the hatred. Keplerstan cannot remove the hatred on their own. This is why if Keplerstan declared hatred on Evilstan and Evilstan declared hatred on Keplerstan, neither would be able to offer raised-relations with the other because they'd both be at hatred with the other.
Interesting. "One cannot live while the other survive." - Harry Potter quote

Actually any realm can leave some lands rogue if they do not want the land. Basically summarize what GundamMerc says ;)

and more Wine!

State sponsored wine for all!
Be careful of poisoned wine from Brock. He treats Perdan General to wine and some shadow crept behind the said General :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
We are purpose built to be isolationist. When the war ends there will be more RP room.
???