Author Topic: Spearhold  (Read 18926 times)

Vasik

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Spearhold
« Reply #15: July 07, 2016, 07:56:39 PM »
Fear the day Vasik becomes a deamon!!!! I shall devoure the souls of all mortal men!!!!

Keuerleber Family

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 07, 2016, 08:52:47 PM »
Fear the day Vasik becomes a deamon!!!! I shall devoure the souls of all mortal men!!!!

We have to survive the coming genocide before that can happen.

Vasik

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 09, 2016, 06:05:14 AM »
What coming genocide?

Finally got the Pale Rat...that's like wining the Caelish war all over again.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 09, 2016, 12:20:30 PM »
Credit where it's due. He was a slippery rat indeed. He was very difficult not just to catch, but to hold him down aswell. He did cause a headache, but was fun.

The player knows how to build a good infiltrator, and I hope he comes back to build another.
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: July 09, 2016, 12:38:20 PM »
Credit where it's due. He was a slippery rat indeed. He was very difficult not just to catch, but to hold him down aswell. He did cause a headache, but was fun.

The player knows how to build a good infiltrator, and I hope he comes back to build another.

Building a good infil takes ages. Even if he does come back, I doubt Spearhold would ever see him as an infil. First you need the honor and prestige and then the swordfighting and the infil at insane high levels to be effective.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 09, 2016, 10:54:13 PM »
Building a good infil takes ages. Even if he does come back, I doubt Spearhold would ever see him as an infil. First you need the honor and prestige and then the swordfighting and the infil at insane high levels to be effective.

(skilled infiltrator here)

Takes about two months to log in and train. Upon then, everything else is literally just increasing as you do minor infiltrator tasks like killing militia and damage production .

Once you get passed the train phase, it's a fun class to play ^^
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 10, 2016, 01:19:05 AM »
you dont have a boss infil vic whatchu talkin bout
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Victor C

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 10, 2016, 04:40:59 AM »
you dont have a boss infil vic whatchu talkin bout

I HAD an infiltrator...

After I made a new account I stopped playing only Infil so I could experience the rest of the game. My swordskill was one of the highest in Atamara and I stabbed Ottar, ruler of Tara. I HAD a boss infiltrator  :'(
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 10, 2016, 09:37:29 AM »
I HAD an infiltrator...

After I made a new account I stopped playing only Infil so I could experience the rest of the game. My swordskill was one of the highest in Atamara and I stabbed Ottar, ruler of Tara. I HAD a boss infiltrator  :'(

In my memmory it takes longer to built an 80/80 infiltrator than 2 months. That's without the having to get enough h/p to be even considered when you have to start over with a new knight.

Victor C

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: July 10, 2016, 09:43:57 AM »
In my memmory it takes longer to built an 80/80 infiltrator than 2 months. That's without the having to get enough h/p to be even considered when you have to start over with a new knight.

True, though it doesn't take more than a few months, I assure you. No more than a year guaranteed (if you're not lazy)

I'm sorry, but an infiltrator rarely trains in the academy all the way to 80/80. That is wasteful in the gold department and boring, around 50/50 or 60/60, you train through the actions and deeds of killing militia because it trains both infiltration and swordfight.
A boss infiltrator is in the 90/90 area... 80/80 is just someone who hasn't died yet. Though, great impossible feats can still be commonly accomplished in the 70/70 area.

The Infiltrator class requirements for honour and prestige can be gathered within a month, hunting rouges. Inna war, twice as quickly.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 09:48:45 AM by victor c »

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: July 10, 2016, 01:58:02 PM »
Gold has never really been an issue for me, so maybe that's where we differ on that one :p

What I did notice is that many do as you suggest and then get captured much quicker and risk bans and executions before they're properly trained. My infil (well now paused after being banned, going rogue and losing his infil sub-class...) was actually at 100 fame for infil and 97 or so at SF on the colonies, but trained him mostly in the academy actually. It took very long though as the SF training was typically in between the Talerium raids.

I also made the mistake with another char of mine (60/60) to try and stab people. Not a good idea, do always just steal tax gold and what not.

Keuerleber Family

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: July 10, 2016, 04:55:28 PM »
Pale was pretty good, Josep has 77 sword skill last I checked. He's been in numerous duels and never lost once. When Pale showed up, he lost fair and square, so even though I am disappoint over losing, I am much impress with Pale. He was a pain in the ass, a very serious threat to Spearhold, but as a player I felt bad we executed him. To be honest he did more damage to Spearhold than any Army has yet, we came within an inch of losing Heen solely because of him. Literally killed thousands of CS worth of militia, we're all sleeping good knowing he's gone now.

What coming genocide?

The one that always happens after an invasion when the Daemons go away. We're pinned as being the evil maniacs but when you look at the history of Beluaterra, after an invasion, or even during the anti-daemon forces band together Axis style and start genociding the pro-daemon forces. Who are the real killers on Beluaterra? We're just fighting for our way of life and right to exist, that's all.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: July 10, 2016, 05:30:52 PM »
but as a player I felt bad we executed him.

When I created Usul a few years ago (Have had OOC breaks between then and now), I intended to play him as an evil character. I found that playing an evil character was not that easy-- There is always an OOC obstacle to climb over (for me anyway). That obstacle was knowing that there is a player behind the characer that you are performing evil deeds to. Everyone who plays BM knows that there should be a seperation between OOC and IG actions, but it is not always that easy.

I did feel some OOC guilt for executing him, that cannot be denied... but again we all know to try and keep OOC and IG seperate. Because I attempted an execution once before and he escaped, the player knew IG and OOC that Usul will go through with another. I had to use that to allieviate some OOC guilt. Also looking through his character history I concluded that he was quite a long term player, (A new player I probably would have not been so cruel) and has a history of creating infiltrators on a regular basis, and have had some of those executed. The point I am tryng to make is, that some actions are not taken without some OOC consideration no matter how much anyone tries to seperate.

The least I could do, was to RP the event and at least make something of it as a small consolation for the player of Pale. I would be pretty peeved if a character of mine was executed and just left as that in silence.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 06:38:11 PM by Logar »
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: July 11, 2016, 04:38:45 AM »
The one that always happens after an invasion when the Daemons go away. We're pinned as being the evil maniacs but when you look at the history of Beluaterra, after an invasion, or even during the anti-daemon forces band together Axis style and start genociding the pro-daemon forces. Who are the real killers on Beluaterra? We're just fighting for our way of life and right to exist, that's all.

You've been peddling that you actually summoned the Daimons in the first place and were a daimon religion worshiping group before the invasion...

Keuerleber Family

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: July 11, 2016, 10:03:31 AM »
You've been peddling that you actually summoned the Daimons in the first place and were a daimon religion worshiping group before the invasion...

Josep has peddled nothing, what our former Harbinger might have said in the ruler channel is unknown to me.