Author Topic: First Oligarch, ending or not?  (Read 55774 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
First Oligarch, ending or not?
« Topic Start: July 12, 2016, 12:35:13 PM »
Since everyone is having their own topic, I thought it was about time to make one for Oligarch as well. The rebellious traitors to one, the heroic freedom fghters to others an the annoying guys by some remaining factions. Whatever you think of Oligarch, from an OOC perspective it was created mostly to bring back some fun in the north and BM and so far it has been succeeding in the north. It has never seen so much as it does now, at least not in recent times, and the wars keep switching as well.

I'll start by sharing some RP's in the realm as well, so you get some idea of the current state of affairs in Oligarch. For those who are not in the north, Oligarch has currently lost its lost rural region and the combined forces of Sirion, Nivemus, Eponllyn and Shadowdale are simply too strong in the open field. So in stead Oligarch has been raiding Oberndorf to a point where it may well go rogue soon as a payback for the taking of Greatbridge. A scorched earth war is now beginning, to a certain extend.

The following RP's should give you some indication of how the situation is seen in Oligarch and hint towards what is to come in what will prob still be a very long war. I expect Sirion to bring at most 15k, Nivemus 10k and Eponllyn/Shadowdale also a combined 10k or so. Then considering that some is cav and some won't show up, we're talking about a 30 to 35k sieging force only. Now if that's what they're bringing, I actually don't think they'll break Oligarch. They've given us too much time again to build up our defenses, although we may be spending too much of that time raiding in stead :)

"With a new round of peace negotiations failing and enemy judges refusing to discuss prisoner agreements with Oligarch (except Nivemus) there was but one clear message for Garas, General once more with the loss of his generals. Despite the duties of both Catherine and Garas, they had been seeing each other more than they had in the past as now all action had taken place in the perimeter of Oligarch City and they were no longer separated so often. Garas had made it his duty to be active in the raising of their son, especially when he was in Oligarch City, but he hadn't dared yet to bring his son out of the city. Also this time they hadn't brought him with them yet, as the boy was still extremely young. Already the boy had the history of Oligarch being read to him however, as Garas hoped that some of it would perhaps stick and also because he well realized he himself may very well not live to see the boy reach adulthood and wanted him prepared already from such a young age.

With his son at home, Garas decided to spend more time with his wife. First he had provided specific orders to his men however. Out of the 166 large unit of archers, he sent 100 of them out looting in Oberndorf, equiped with the carts they brought with them for their wounded and supplies so they could return with all the food they could find and return it to the city. Once he had given the orders he ordered another 16 to guard his tent and the remaining 50 to guard him as he moved towards towards his wife who had positioned herself in the command tent in Oberndorf, busy with the many letters and works she had as ruler. Garas well knew the work she had, but decided to visit her nonetheless, leaving his men to guard the perimeter, none followed him into the tent.

As he entered the tent he found a surprised look upon Catherine's face, as she had expected him with the army rather than in her tent. But before she could utter anything, Garas spoke first, not to Catherine, but to the scribes and the guards inside the tent: "Leave us." After a pause he continued, "My love, I had to see you, right now"  and as he said these words the surprise on Catherine's face only increased. "What is wrong my love,"  she said as the last men left the tent and a large perimeter was made by the guards so that even they could not hear what was being said. "Nothing," he calmly replied, I just had to see you. Your face is as beautiful as the day I first saw you, great and beautiful Kronagos. That day I still hold dear to my heart, a glimmering light in times of great war,"  he continued as he walked towards his wife and kissed her just as he finished speaking, "I just wanted to see you." It was a rare moment to behold with Garas, who was more and more consumed with hatred of his enemies, sometimes even mixed with despair as he realized that for the first time the city might actually one day fall and him with it, his family, his son, his wife, all of them. But not now, now there seemed to be no thought troubling him, other than his desire to be with his wife. "

"In Oberndorf...

It was the first time she had ventured back to the lands of Nivemus in many years.  War and the subtleties of diplomacy had bound her to the Oligan territories and those of their enemies.  How ironic that now the enemy was Nivemus.

She had spent so many years missing the vales of Eleador, the coasts of Rancagua and the Omsk peninsula, but feeling her husbands body pressed against hers, his hot mouth searching her out she realised again that land meant little and her home would forever be where her heart lay. Her heart would always be with Garas.

Oberndorf had been the site of much in her life, the land she had struggled to defend as a marshal against Perdan, the grounds that her sister had opened invoking the Dagda books to swallow Atanamir and his bride as they had laid waste to her lands.  Now as she stood naked and sweating on Nivemus soil; again she studied the taut form of her husband, his thick unruly hair telling the tales of times passage, body honed and scarred by war.  He was spent, sleeping as only he could on the cold earth, in a manner that so resembled Goran it took her breath simply to behold him.

Sitting at the polished bronze mirror she pulled the weathered leather bodysuit back into place, it was covered in the finest mesh of oran silver mail making it light yet highly functional as armor. The leather was like a second skin, it seemed to have grown with her, evidenced by the many repairs notable to the practiced eye.  The soft leather boots fit snugly over her calves, their integrated scabbards holding a twin set of dirks.  Catching up her hair she twisted it deftly around a decorative wooden shaft that concealed her weapon of last defence, a poison tipped glass stiletto that held her hair with a leather clasp depicting the white tree.

Finally she picked up the Oran Diadem, it had been her crown of Nivemus, and now served as her crown of Oligarch, the cold metal slid over her forehead and sat as it was placed, unmoving a simple band that told the world all that it needed to know.

Garas had sent their men away, right now she did not care whether they were within feet or miles, she pulled back the string on the small crossbow that had been crafted by the Shadesmith Nether Leroux, it had little range but its mere presence and accuracy were enough to send most malefactors to ground, either breathing or not.

He was breathing deeply, its resonance more comforting than she could truly express. Tonight she would watch over him.  Tonight he could rest.  And tomorrow could be what the hell it wanted to be."

"It had been a long time ago that Garas was able to sleep this calmly. The thoughts of Oligarch City burning and his family at risk haunted him ever since Caligus had joined the war and it had ruined his sleep. Even his field of battle was no longer available as the enemy's forces had grown too large.

It was only here in Oberndorf that he regained his sense of purpose, striking down his enemies as he had always done. It brought him back to his past, his glorious past. What weaklings had his enemies become, what cowards. At least the great war had purpose, had honor and glory.

The presence of his wife now gave hik further rest and for the first time in years he did not feel haunted, but safe and rested.

As he woke up he saw Catherine sitting with the crossbow in her hand and he could only smile as he asked "all day my love?""

"One of the things Garas could not well appreciate were the courts he had to hold himself at times, but today was such a day. The wars issued by Eponllyn and Nivemus had lowered moral and even loyalty in Oligarch to a point where work had to be done within the city. He was well aware that there were those within the city that joined the Kronagos when she moved, and even some from Eponllyn who fled during the Perdanese slaughters and these were not at all satisfied with current events and some were even causing trouble.

Garas was in a exceptionally good mood however after Oberndorf and showed mercy where he could. It raised the moral of the original foreigners a lot and even some of their loyalty. He knew however that some of the more serious troublemakers would see it as a sign of weakness and will try to recruit more, raising their forces. Garas knew however he had the loyalty of his people and he would slaughter and crush those rebels another day, not today."

"Garas had been smiling most of the day. With the raids in Oberndorf he had felt in command again and this made him satisfied. What made him perhaps even happier was the time he could spend with his wife while being in the countryside. In the city he had often had to perform courts himself, taking him most of the day, but in the countryside he could simply send his captain out with a large part of his men to pillage and maraud while he could stay behind with some guards and see his wife. Yes, strangely enough the looting and pillaging of the surrounding lands were the most joyous in Garas life, although not because of the looting itself. "
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: First Oligarch, ending or not?
« Reply #1: July 12, 2016, 08:07:36 PM »
So Oligarch just succesfully struck down some enemy nobles in Greatbridge just after Nivemus has reclaimed it and all armies are apparently refitting. With Sirion's armies in Oberndorf after it being looted to the ground, Oligarch was free to move into Greatbridge. To add insult to injury Catherine actually managed to 'press her claim' to the region, meaning Greatbridge just returned to Oligarch. This new fase of the war of destruction is not off to a great start...

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 13, 2016, 08:17:44 AM »
Hooray Oligarch! Don't die on us just yet!
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 13, 2016, 04:09:30 PM »
Hooray Oligarch! Don't die on us just yet!

Lol, well we'll try. So far so good, untill I see Calgiun troops :p

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 14, 2016, 03:15:53 AM »
Good roleplays, Gabanus. Brock is also having his own Roleplays about the events, but in Nivemus.

Be wary, Brock is coming. Or the Rock is coming :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 14, 2016, 06:48:20 AM »
the most electrifying leader in ec today
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 14, 2016, 10:04:58 AM »
As you can notice half of these RP's are from the Chamberlain family (Catherine, ruler of Oligarch) and we do what we can to keep the realm and the north entertaining. One hell of a struggle up ahead, but we got a lapallanch now again, so we're all good  8)

And Brock is most welcome to come to our walls and die. I still got one extra surprise waiting for a noble, but can't yet decide whom is deserving the pleasure :) Brock is one of the contenders, but it'll prob be a Sirionite.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 14, 2016, 11:38:26 AM »
As you can notice half of these RP's are from the Chamberlain family (Catherine, ruler of Oligarch) and we do what we can to keep the realm and the north entertaining. One hell of a struggle up ahead, but we got a lapallanch now again, so we're all good  8)

And Brock is most welcome to come to our walls and die. I still got one extra surprise waiting for a noble, but can't yet decide whom is deserving the pleasure :) Brock is one of the contenders, but it'll prob be a Sirionite.

Since when is 'having a Lappalanch' considered good?  ;D
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 14, 2016, 12:55:21 PM »

Prob I've been hit on the head too many times, but I was cheering to have him back (although would've prefered Galt, he was so nice)  ;D

Plus this way he won't be spreading his tactical knowledge to our enemies, so we only have the Risk family to worry about really...

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #9: July 14, 2016, 05:34:12 PM »

Mine died. I liked him. I want another one.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 14, 2016, 05:57:32 PM »
misery does love company
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #11: July 14, 2016, 05:58:43 PM »
misery does love company

If that were true, Selenia would marry Kellan <3
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 14, 2016, 06:05:20 PM »
 ???

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 14, 2016, 06:50:00 PM »
misery does love company

Nah it's just Zakky that always has these colorful characters these days which are typically a great deal of fun to play with :)

Zakilevo

« Reply #14: July 14, 2016, 07:11:25 PM »

LOL. It depends I guess. It is like getting a fortune cookie. You don't know what you will get until you get open one.