Author Topic: Perdan and the Realms It Interacts With  (Read 41879 times)

Zakilevo

Perdan and the Realms It Interacts With
« Topic Start: July 10, 2016, 09:50:24 PM »
Xavax's diplomatic relation was pretty stupid I feel. They made exactly one ally then decided to fight all the small realms at once. Should have come up with a plan to keep Perdan and Vix busy for longer or ended the war ASAP. By achieving none, Xavax got cornered pretty quickly.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Perdan and the Realms It Interacts With
« Reply #1: July 11, 2016, 05:28:27 AM »
that was in reference to a xavax player's statement, to them we are north. see, i can see things from the other side's perspective ... ooh another thing to add to the list.

16. empathy for our enemies
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:36:51 AM by JDodger »
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 11, 2016, 10:13:49 AM »
of course i would contend that perdan's role is indeed the most stereotypical of heroic white knight roles (see title), gallivanting around defending the weak against the oppressions of the unjust
Except where Perdan has raped, slaughtered, and starved the actual stereotypical, heroic Eponlli white knights, stolen their capital twice etc. Hell, Perdan even *tortured* the stereotypical, heroic Eponlli white knight King Garin. With glee, as I recall, and promises to do it again. Eponllyn has not raped, slaughtered, or starved peasants in its entire history. Any troopleader that did was punished with excessive fines and threats of banishment should it continue.

I always find the grasp of geography on EC a little disconcerting... the Southern Alliance was led by Perdan which was on the North coast of EC.
We in Eponlli objected to Perdanese called Southern. They are Central, along with Caligus. It *was* rather confusing to move north, as southerners, and invade Perdan from the north, as southerners. And then to live north of Perdan, as Southerners.

...perhaps the mis-named alliances are part of Perdans psychology of war to throw off their enemies.
This would fit Perdan I think.

So, I've got fond memories of Perdan, so I thought I'd just enjoy reading this, but is there a way I can see this? I'm really curious now.
Icon:
Full Banner:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:15:38 AM by Vita »

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 11, 2016, 10:18:47 AM »
We in Eponlli objected to Perdanese called Southern. They are Central, along with Caligus. It *was* rather confusing to move north, as southerners, and invade Perdan from the north, as southerners. And then to live north of Perdan, as Southerners.

I always struggled with this terminology as well. We're actually referring to Sirion as being in the West now in Oligarch, but we still speak about the northern realms as in Eponllyn, Nivemus, Sirion, Shadowdale and Oligarch. Like the phrasing is so freaking rediculous that it's kinda funny, yet confusing.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 11, 2016, 10:28:14 AM »
Yeah, don't ever let Jeroen catch you calling Eponllyn northerner. :P Though by now, with the shift in internal realm nobility, its probably been acclimated there by now.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 11, 2016, 10:33:10 AM »
Yeah, don't ever let Jeroen catch you calling Eponllyn northerner. :P Though by now, with the shift in internal realm nobility, its probably been acclimated there by now.

I'm not sure how many of 'old Eponllyn'  is left actually.

And to get back to the topic

I love how Perdan decided to support their ally in an already even battle :)
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 12, 2016, 04:24:38 AM »
Eponllyn has not raped, slaughtered, or starved peasants in its entire history.
Yay for you? That's a brilliant accomplishment.
No one gives two !@#$s about them peasants.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 12, 2016, 04:33:57 AM »
Yay for you? That's a brilliant accomplishment.
No one gives two !@#$s about them peasants.

That's demonstrably false.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 12, 2016, 01:17:24 PM »
By the way, during the latest war Eponllyn did starve their poor peasants in Perdan city and other southern regions to deny Perdan any grain. In Perdan city alone thousands died. Looks like Eponllyn's greatest accomplishment is a lie. :(

When Perdan starves or kills peasants it owns it at least.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 12, 2016, 05:14:14 PM »
By the way, during the latest war Eponllyn did starve their poor peasants in Perdan city and other southern regions to deny Perdan any grain. In Perdan city alone thousands died. Looks like Eponllyn's greatest accomplishment is a lie. :(
Elementary much? "Hahahaha, we looted and ravaged all your foodstocks, now you are starving. Hey, quit starving your people!", "Hey, we are pinching you, stop getting pinched! stop getting pinched!". No, Eponllyn did not starve Perdan City. Perdan did, just as much as Perdan starved Ibladesh before by looting all the foodstuffs gone.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 12, 2016, 06:38:35 PM »
Elementary much? "Hahahaha, we looted and ravaged all your foodstocks, now you are starving. Hey, quit starving your people!", "Hey, we are pinching you, stop getting pinched! stop getting pinched!". No, Eponllyn did not starve Perdan City. Perdan did, just as much as Perdan starved Ibladesh before by looting all the foodstuffs gone.

Constantine has long been blinded by the "white knight Perdan" myth.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 13, 2016, 02:56:48 PM »
Not true. We didn't loot all those foodstocks into oblivion. Food from southern provinces was actually moved away by Eppy players to other regions and even other realms, like Fallangard. So yeah, they deliberately starved their regions while we were conducting takeovers.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 13, 2016, 05:11:29 PM »
Not true. We didn't loot all those foodstocks into oblivion. Food from southern provinces was actually moved away by Eppy players to other regions and even other realms, like Fallangard. So yeah, they deliberately starved their regions while we were conducting takeovers.
Well, I can't account for every other character in the realm, but as the duke of the area and lord of one of the best rurals, I did not encounter this and would wonder how you would have such strong, conclusive proof of any such behavior, not being within Eponllyn, to so confidently declare it 'not true'. You do realize that bringing in thousands and thousands of men, in your army, and sitting them in a region conducting a takeover eat the local food? Also, you most certainly did loot food from our regions, amongst other looting tactics.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 13, 2016, 06:06:41 PM »
someone made a strategically smart move to win a war

losing side complains despite having used same tactic themselves many times

news at 11
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 13, 2016, 06:23:10 PM »
someone made a strategically smart move to win a war
losing side complains despite having used same tactic themselves many times
No, you stated Perdan was SO INNOCENT, I point out why its not, Constantine claimed no one cared, then that Eponllyn did starve peasants, and now you twist my point to complain about a 'strategically smart move', which NO ONE WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT. And reasserted that Eponllyn used the same tactic themselves, which IT DID NOT.

I am so sick of Perdan's players constantly twisting events around because they cannot possibly accept that Perdan is anything but Pure Sacred Holiness that can never, ever be defiled. Always wanting it their way, both ways. It seems that Perdan's players will say anything in their favor, whether its even consistent with their other statements or reality.