Author Topic: Repair equipments  (Read 4354 times)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Repair equipments
« Topic Start: July 28, 2016, 08:13:55 AM »
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but were not able to find the topic.

Repair 60% (132 gold, 46 hours) - can't, not enough time

46 hours. I get 6 hours per turn, so when i refit, it will take 4 days to repair equipment, 8 turns, all hours to equipment. These days when there is not that much nobles and people are rolling in the gold and roaming huge units, this is real game killer and causes week long boredom... assuming you want to repair equipments. I pretty much ignore whole equipment until there is long peacefull period. I think this needs nerfing, even half of the time needed feels too much.

-Jaune

~Violence is always an option!~

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Repair equipments
« Reply #1: July 28, 2016, 01:48:04 PM »
I get 6 hours per turn

You might want to check that part again.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Licinius

• Knight
  • Rise so high, in mud you lie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 28, 2016, 02:03:19 PM »
You might want to check that part again.

Perhaps Jaune is referring to an old character, Old age equals to fewer hours per turn.

Hic Sunt Leones,
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 02:06:06 PM by Licinius »
Rise so high, in mud you lie.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 28, 2016, 02:06:24 PM »
Old age equals to fewer hours per turn.

You might want to check that part again. :)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Licinius

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 28, 2016, 02:11:57 PM »
You might want to check that part again. :)

Hours gained
Old characters will not gain 8 hours per turn -- the older you are, the less hours you receive. For instance your character may only receive 7 (at age 35+), or 6, and even as few as 5 (if your character is really old). That means there are fewer things that a character can do, or it takes him longer to do them. There are rumours that extreme age reduces this number further, but no characters have as yet become old enough to confirm that.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Age

I got this from battlemaster wiki, the link can be found above.

Hic Sunt Leones,

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 28, 2016, 02:13:13 PM »
Hours gained
Old characters will not gain 8 hours per turn -- the older you are, the less hours you receive. For instance your character may only receive 7 (at age 35+), or 6, and even as few as 5 (if your character is really old). That means there are fewer things that a character can do, or it takes him longer to do them. There are rumours that extreme age reduces this number further, but no characters have as yet become old enough to confirm that.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Age

I got this from battlemaster wiki, the link can be found above.

Hic Sunt Leones,

Yes, I'm aware of what the wiki says. I'm trying to send you a not-very-subtle hint that you should check the actual in-game behaviour to see if it matches.
Timothy Collett

Licinius

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 28, 2016, 02:18:39 PM »
Yes, I'm aware of what the wiki says. I'm trying to send you a not-very-subtle hint that you should check the actual in-game behavior to see if it matches.

Oh, alright then. I can't do that right now since all my characters are young, I will definitely check it out when one of my characters reach the age of 35.

Edit: Hey! I am a Knight now!

Hic Sunt Leones,
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 02:34:58 PM by Licinius »

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 28, 2016, 02:51:20 PM »
Oh, alright then. I can't do that right now since all my characters are young, I will definitely check it out when one of my characters reach the age of 35.

Edit: Hey! I am a Knight now!

Hic Sunt Leones,

This was changed recently, but used to be like that.

I still do agree on the equipment damage thing though. Maybe add an option to make it 2 times as fast for a 30% cost increase?
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 28, 2016, 03:16:19 PM »
Well, even if its 8 hours like youngsters have.. but youngsters cant have big units :P

This kind of come to "Age sucks" topic. Game has changed from the days when 25-30 men sized units were common. Now many nobles roam around with 100+ sized units. I have used to that i dont give a poop about eq damage, i was at Darka and we always roam around island with 90+% damage.

But i think it should be much less time consuming. Or have option to repair faster with more expensive or have some sort of cap for the time needed.

~Violence is always an option!~

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 01, 2016, 11:04:25 AM »
Check bugtracker post:

http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=8872

I like the ideas of either making it need less time, or repair faster for an increased price.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 07, 2016, 03:38:49 PM »
its a lot easier to just tell the guy "we removed that feature"
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Zakilevo

« Reply #11: August 07, 2016, 05:53:07 PM »
I agree with Jaune.

The game is now completely different from the days when repair equipment was first introduced. We have less people commanding larger units. I think you should be able to fix everything within a day so 16 hours at most would be nice. Or have an option to pay more to speed it up. Faster it is, more expensive it gets.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 07, 2016, 06:22:34 PM »
i disagree, for the sake of balance there should be downsides to commanding huge units
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Zakilevo

« Reply #13: August 07, 2016, 06:25:10 PM »
i disagree, for the sake of balance there should be downsides to commanding huge units

There already is. You need to pay a lot more. And no one here said it should reduce the cost of fixing equipment. You also lose movement speed and take longer to travel. Plus your CS doesn't increase as well due to diminishing returns.