Author Topic: Changing peasant militia spawn ratio  (Read 1469 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Changing peasant militia spawn ratio
« Topic Start: August 23, 2016, 12:18:08 PM »
I have looked at this since an update several months ago I think and still look at it with amazement and even annoyance at this point.

Oligarch just attacked Commonyr and was met with like 6k militia. Now Oligarch can fortunately muster an army to actually beat them, but the fact that so many peasants spawn is rediculous for 2 different reasons if we look at the consequences. I'm speaking here from my own experience as I know those scenarios best, but can imagine others suffer from it even worse:

Scenario 1: Large force attacks a region (like Astrum did in Shinnen) and later loots
In this scenario so many peasants spawn and subsequently get killed that within a week it was possible to kill off almost the entire population of Shinnen.

Scenario 2: Small/medium force attacks a region
The force can be met with somewhere between 2 to 8k of peasant militia (granted maybe only fighting strength of 1 to 4k really as they suck) in every region they go to. Looting runs have been made impossible other than with big realm armies and then they will be able to wipe out a large portion of a realm's militia (see scenario 1). At the same time this gives larger realms another big edge. If I look at Oligarch for instance, the only thing we can do to keep people active is to order quick strikes and some looting in regions surrounding Oligarch City. There is nothing else, but with such militia even that is very dangerous and stupid most of the time. The only reason I still order them is because it's better than to sit in a city and wait for 5 nations to coordinate and finally siege us again.

I wonder out loud now what the purpose of these huge spawns are and see them effect the fun in negative ways and would ask this to be removed, or at least tweaked.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela