Author Topic: Option to "Opt out" on the first day.  (Read 1827 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Option to "Opt out" on the first day.
« Topic Start: September 16, 2016, 09:20:52 AM »
I've put up two suggestions on the suggestion site, the one being a dynamic start (people start as soon as they join, until the end of day 1), the other being adding a tutorial.

If you've gone through the tutorial and finished your actions but don't want to play the game any further, what do you think about an option to "resign", thereby making the family available for another person (only applicable for dynamic start)?

Just thought that I would kick it around here before first suggesting it.

I have a feeling that giving people the option to kick themselves out is generally a bad idea, but I'm also thinking about the welfare of the remaining people dealing with newcomer inactives.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Option to "Opt out" on the first day.
« Reply #1: September 16, 2016, 09:26:21 AM »
I think it's not needed. Yes, there will be an abandoned family or two, so what?

Right now, with people coming in and trying a new game, it sometimes happens that a lot of families are abandoned early, but I think later on, when the game is more established, that won't be a big problem. And if it is, I can always add a simple piece of code that turns a family into AI on day 2 if the player hasn't logged in or something.