Author Topic: Rejected: Royal Edict / Decree  (Read 19787 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Royal Edict / Decree
« Reply #15: September 28, 2016, 09:12:09 PM »
Ummm I don't remember ever seeing 40 letters per hour in this game ever and my starting realm was Abington... I'd not read most letters if I were getting 40 per hour to be honest.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 28, 2016, 09:13:00 PM »
Ummm I don't remember ever seeing 40 letters per hour in this game ever and my starting realm was Abington... I'd not read most letters if I were getting 40 per hour to be honest.

Used to happen from time to time in Riombara.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:44:17 PM by Anaris »
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 28, 2016, 09:28:56 PM »
Used to happen from time to time in Riombara.

I think you meant to quote Zakky...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 28, 2016, 09:44:31 PM »
I think you meant to quote Zakky...

Yep! Thanks. Fixed.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 28, 2016, 10:56:34 PM »
Yes, colored messages.. report, request, order...

If there is that much colored messages that you need another colored message... i think you should ask to tune down a bit colored messages.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 29, 2016, 12:18:38 AM »
If there is that much colored messages that you need another colored message... i think you should ask to tune down a bit colored messages.
That makes no sense.
Colour on messages is needed to quickly discern between types of messages when you're logging in in a hurry. Another colored message is required not because there is too many other coloured messages, but because it will make skimming through messages even swifter without risking to miss important information.

Zakilevo

« Reply #21: September 29, 2016, 12:22:34 AM »
Not to mention some people just use quickplay to play. You only get important messages that way.

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 07, 2016, 02:15:59 PM »

I think this happened in Perdan, circa '07/'08.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: October 07, 2016, 09:40:03 PM »
I think this happened in Perdan, circa '07/'08.

I'm pretty sure Fontan had periods of that as well, during elections or when interesting stuff was debated in the assembly.

But I do like the royal decree option though, if it is added to the quickplay. Maybe even make it something like the standing order, but then for everyone?
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #24: November 16, 2016, 09:30:38 PM »
Apologies for the bump, but I just wanted to follow up on this? More and more, I wish this could be implemented. As has been intimated before, it may not be a big deal for smaller realms or for nations that are at peace. But for larger realms that are at war, all the red flying back and forth can be confusing and it would be a big help if the Ruler could make specifically-colored Decrees
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Zakilevo

« Reply #25: November 16, 2016, 09:48:03 PM »
Damn shame this won't be implemented.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: November 16, 2016, 10:06:12 PM »
Damn shame this won't be implemented.

+1
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #27: November 16, 2016, 10:29:30 PM »
Ok that's too bad! How do we requestors no if/when something has been denied or approved?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Zakilevo

« Reply #28: November 16, 2016, 10:44:32 PM »
Ok that's too bad! How do we requestors no if/when something has been denied or approved?

When Anaris says he doesn't like it or he doesn't feel the request feature is not needed.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: November 17, 2016, 02:16:44 PM »
40 messages per hour used to be frequent... in certain circumstances. Huge tournaments, for example. Or rebellions. So not all the time, but it did happen.

Report seems the most appropriate message type, at least for the time being. With scout reports being shared more automatically now, we see much less "report" messages than ever, so the need for a new type is lesser than ever. Especially since we also get less messages per turn than ever.

I'm not saying that having a special "decree" type message available to government members would be bad. Reports are typically for short-term notices of without instructions, such as "here are some scout reports", "my army is moving East", and "allied reinformcements are on the way". Stuff that, while meaningful upon being shared, quickly loses relevance. A judge announcing a prisoner treaty with another realm, or a ruler announcing a persona non grata, for example, are things that convey instructions and don't quickly lose relevance, while also not conveying active and immediate instructions as orders do.

But can we think of another color that would be distinct enough from the others, while also not being a total eye sore? This is the biggest issue, imo.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron