Author Topic: Wounding on BT  (Read 4932 times)

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Wounding on BT
« Topic Start: October 17, 2016, 08:58:33 PM »
Is the wounding system different on this island compared to the East Island? Got wounded by a group of undead(though only 20 of my men got wrecked), went from wounded to seriously wounded, to wounded, back to seriously wounded. My character is only 41, so I'd hate to see how it effects older nobles.

Zakilevo

Re: Wounding on BT
« Reply #1: October 17, 2016, 09:04:24 PM »
I hate it when you get trapped in a loop like that...

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 17, 2016, 09:19:40 PM »
I guess its more of a matter of plain bad luck  :'(

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 18, 2016, 08:31:55 AM »
I don't know about the wounding system or in what sort of loop you ended up. I do know there shouldn't be any more age-related effects in the game.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 26, 2016, 08:11:53 AM »
I had to abandon one of my heroes a couple months because he got caught in one of those loops.

He had been a hero most of his life.  He commanded cavalry and charged into every battle he fought against Daimons, monsters, undead, and players.

He lived to be over 100 years old because nobody ever managed to kill him.

At which time, if he got SCRATCHED, the old man code took over and sent him straight to seriously wounded for a week before letting me slowly get back out.  I once spent something like two to four weeks trying to move from one region to region next door after Daimons dropped on him and killed his unit.  Missed him AGAIN.  But the common bandit that robbed him as he walked away nicked him with a knife and dropped him to seriously wounded.  Then I'd wait a few days before I could tell him to start moving, another bandit would rob him, nick him, and I'd spend another few days seriously wounded.

I ended up retiring the character because the game code made him unplayable.

That was a disappointment.  I really wanted to see him go out in a blaze of glory riding with his cavalry into certain death.  But certain death just KEPT MISSING THE MARK....

Ahem...

So I retired him.  And then made a new character with the same name and made up a story about magical regeneration and a gift from the gods for a long life of faithful service.  I play him as the same character with a young body so I can give him another shot at death and glory.

;)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 26, 2016, 10:32:45 AM »
I had to abandon one of my heroes a couple months because he got caught in one of those loops.

He had been a hero most of his life.  He commanded cavalry and charged into every battle he fought against Daimons, monsters, undead, and players.

He lived to be over 100 years old because nobody ever managed to kill him.

At which time, if he got SCRATCHED, the old man code took over and sent him straight to seriously wounded for a week before letting me slowly get back out.  I once spent something like two to four weeks trying to move from one region to region next door after Daimons dropped on him and killed his unit.  Missed him AGAIN.  But the common bandit that robbed him as he walked away nicked him with a knife and dropped him to seriously wounded.  Then I'd wait a few days before I could tell him to start moving, another bandit would rob him, nick him, and I'd spend another few days seriously wounded.

I ended up retiring the character because the game code made him unplayable.

That was a disappointment.  I really wanted to see him go out in a blaze of glory riding with his cavalry into certain death.  But certain death just KEPT MISSING THE MARK....

Ahem...

So I retired him.  And then made a new character with the same name and made up a story about magical regeneration and a gift from the gods for a long life of faithful service.  I play him as the same character with a young body so I can give him another shot at death and glory.

;)

Several months ago, all age-related effects should have been removed.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: December 26, 2016, 10:52:51 AM »
Pretty sure the wounding part didn't get removed. Only hours you get changed.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 26, 2016, 04:32:31 PM »
Pretty sure the wounding part didn't get removed. Only hours you get changed.

It was intended to be. If it's still operating, that should be considered a bug.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: December 26, 2016, 04:40:07 PM »
It was intended to be. If it's still operating, that should be considered a bug.

Oh. I did not know wounding part removed as well. So older characters just have more age now and nothing else? :D

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: December 26, 2016, 04:43:01 PM »
Oh. I did not know wounding part removed as well. So older characters just have more age now and nothing else? :D

Yep. We have removed all game-mechanic effects of age.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #10: December 26, 2016, 05:21:20 PM »
Yep. We have removed all game-mechanic effects of age.

Fantastic!

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 26, 2016, 08:51:39 PM »
Interesting.  I hope this works as intended as I would not wish to see another player stuck in that loop...