Author Topic: Tips for Being a good adventurer  (Read 10281 times)

Zakilevo

Tips for Being a good adventurer
« Topic Start: October 29, 2016, 05:37:11 AM »
Despite playing this game for nearly 10 years, I still suck at playing as an adventurer.

Anyone got a good advice? I seem to end up with dead advies quite often.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Tips for Being a good adventurer
« Reply #1: October 29, 2016, 11:41:31 AM »
Despite playing this game for nearly 10 years, I still suck at playing as an adventurer.

Anyone got a good advice? I seem to end up with dead advies quite often.

I should bookmark this one, I'm playing with my 2nd advy now where the first died against undead... And with this one I can't even find a sage to repair my unique to sell it
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 29, 2016, 02:53:04 PM »
To be honest, never liked playing adventurers. I had set up 2 and 1 died on BT as well.

Second one is now having 3 recommendations, maxed out gear and just hunting down more beasts. I keep her to have an alternative when I'm done playing my noble character on the island.

If your advies die when hunting, I'd suggest using a more stealthy option.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: October 29, 2016, 08:12:03 PM »
Out of 5~6 advies I had, I lost 4 to undead... Can't win against champions of living dead.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 31, 2016, 12:14:02 PM »
Just lost the other advy to undead as well, while I was fighting on stealth modus and gear was max (skills were not obviously).

I'm completely done with the advy game now. Waste of time.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 31, 2016, 02:37:26 PM »
I had some great fun, stealing, tricking and haggling my way through the adventure game.
Eventually some realm made magic ilegal and actively sought out advies who where selling scrolls and especially portal stones.
This actually made selling them much more fun, and profitable.
There always nobles or other advies who can be cheated upon or have no problems buying things unfairly obtained.

Too many people play too heroic advies who just hunt monsters.
My advy almost completely ignored hunting.
Hes just too much of an opportunistic egocentrical !@#$%^& for that.

Perhaps you should try this approach.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: October 31, 2016, 08:38:11 PM »
I had some great fun, stealing, tricking and haggling my way through the adventure game.
Eventually some realm made magic ilegal and actively sought out advies who where selling scrolls and especially portal stones.
This actually made selling them much more fun, and profitable.
There always nobles or other advies who can be cheated upon or have no problems buying things unfairly obtained.

Too many people play too heroic advies who just hunt monsters.
My advy almost completely ignored hunting.
Hes just too much of an opportunistic egocentrical !@#$%^& for that.

Perhaps you should try this approach.

I've been completely ignoring combat part of the advy game. Gathering is so much safer XD

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 04, 2016, 02:18:10 PM »
Start off hunting Undead all the time. Use all available gold to buy better equipment. Once you hit about 30%, start hunting monsters exclusively. Make sure you always use the highest risk one. You get injured more often but you also train up your skills faster.

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: November 04, 2016, 04:12:32 PM »
Start off hunting Undead all the time. Use all available gold to buy better equipment. Once you hit about 30%, start hunting monsters exclusively. Make sure you always use the highest risk one. You get injured more often but you also train up your skills faster.

I used to do this but fighting undead seems to get you killed a lot faster though.

Rhynehardt Blood

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 12, 2016, 12:38:39 PM »
So the undead are more likely to kill you? That's good to know...

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 14, 2016, 03:18:16 PM »
It seems like monsters wound you more often but rarely kill you while Undead are easier to kill but if you get wounded by them it's much more likely to be a death.

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 14, 2016, 04:23:29 PM »
Out of all the time I've played Battlemaster... I've never had an adventurer killed by Undead or Monsters.

There was a time on BT when the hordes couldn't and the monsters and undead didn't refresh... So it was basically a maxed out region where you could only hunt 1 group before basically losing....

Did it on high risk on each undead and monsters... Didn't die.

I guess a good tip for being a good adventurer is: Have good luck ;P
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 22, 2016, 05:27:12 AM »
I've lost one to monsters, two to undead and one to execution.

One found a loophole in guild levels and acquired a noble rank my mistake. Another found a noble giving extra manual bounty for Alpha creatures and fabricated his achievement for profit (after hunting for a week and not finding any)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: January 03, 2017, 10:35:45 AM »
I lost a fairly decent adv to an undead champ. I think her swordfighting was around 60. Now I exclusively hunt monsters. Undead seem to be a suicide quest.

My main adv I pretty much hunt with exclusively. My other two I have been experimenting with gathering only, moving to different types of regions. One thing I HATE about gathering is how often you come up empty handed. Drop 16 hours and get nothing is super frustrating. I also accidently dump all 16 hours into gathering, and then have to wait forever to rest. When hunting I find I regularly have enough hours left when too fatigued to continue to be able to rest away most of my fatigue. It just seems to flow smoother to me.

How about investigating? Has anyone found any unique items by simply investigating? I have heard it can be quite common, but I have only ever found unique items by killing alphas. And I have never even come close to having the crap required to build a unique item lol
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Zakilevo

« Reply #14: January 03, 2017, 11:02:04 AM »
I've found some uniques by gathering but it seems it is less effective than investigation. Once you hear a rumour about a unique item, you can simply go to the region to spam investigation until you get the item.