Author Topic: Battle of Heen  (Read 4777 times)

Zakilevo

Battle of Heen
« Topic Start: October 31, 2016, 08:17:20 AM »
That went horribly for humans. If only they had used real settings and not fort defense when they don't even control the walls.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Heen
« Reply #1: October 31, 2016, 08:35:21 AM »
If only the Devs let us design our own Marshal formations instead of giving us default ones that aren't even very good.
------
qui audet vincit

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: October 31, 2016, 09:05:37 AM »
If only the Devs let us design our own Marshal formations instead of giving us default ones that aren't even very good.

What are you talking about? You already can custom set your formations. Just don't use marshal settings. They suck.

Schancke

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 31, 2016, 11:11:08 AM »
It did go horribly bad.

One infantry unit kept our ranged SF and several archer units from participating in both melee (too crowded) and ranged combat for two turns.
Will it always work that way?

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: October 31, 2016, 12:20:54 PM »
It did go horribly bad.

One infantry unit kept our ranged SF and several archer units from participating in both melee (too crowded) and ranged combat for two turns.
Will it always work that way?

For now yes. It will eventually be fixed but not for awhile.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 31, 2016, 12:39:05 PM »
What are you talking about? You already can custom set your formations. Just don't use marshal settings. They suck.

We aren't in the days of 99% unit setting adhesion and widespread public flogging for failure to comply anymore. Sometimes, mediocre settings are better than unrespected superior settings.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: October 31, 2016, 08:34:23 PM »
It is better to encourage people than flog people. Only blame people when they have not changed their settings over multiple battles. You only want to do that by sending a personal letter anyway.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 01, 2016, 12:37:42 PM »
It is better to encourage people than flog people. Only blame people when they have not changed their settings over multiple battles. You only want to do that by sending a personal letter anyway.

Only because flogging them tends to make them act even more spoiled and troublesome. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 01, 2016, 07:04:21 PM »

I want to design my own Marshal formations, give them cool names, and enforce them on the army.
------
qui audet vincit

Zakilevo

« Reply #9: November 01, 2016, 07:13:29 PM »
I want to design my own Marshal formations, give them cool names, and enforce them on the army.

Not sure the dev team will ever allow that but it would be nice if you could do that.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 02, 2016, 07:42:37 AM »
If anyone got something interesting they want to do in BM, just send me a PM.

While we're on that subject, is that offer in your signature still open? :)
------
qui audet vincit

Zakilevo

« Reply #11: November 02, 2016, 08:42:49 AM »
While we're on that subject, is that offer in your signature still open? :)

Yes but it better be interesting XD. I haven't seen a single offer that has moved me so far :o

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: November 02, 2016, 09:31:52 AM »
Yes but it better be interesting XD. I haven't seen a single offer that has moved me so far :o

8) Challenge accepted.
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan