Author Topic: Royal Navy's travels  (Read 3100 times)

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
Royal Navy's travels
« Topic Start: November 08, 2016, 04:14:16 AM »
Roleplay from Drizztle Sharpspeare   (52 minutes ago) message to all nobles of D'Hara

Captain Werner approached the Count. "Mi'lord, we are a few hours from Paisland." The Count shrugged and simply stated "Good". The Count stared into the distance of the Sapphire Deep. Captain Werner shuffled foot to foot, uncomfortable. The Count considered how his life had changed. He started as a young knight in service to Minas Ithil, before it eventually fell due to treason. And since then, he has seen realm after realm fall. Even the island itself sank. And yet he endured. He was determined to fighting till his dying day. He was no longer a young man, but his will was still strong.

"Captain, Any word from the other members of the Royal Navy?" The Count finally asked. Captain Werner was startled from the Count's long quiet being suddenly broken. He recovered quickly though. "Nothing, Mi'lord. Nothing since the Marshal sent the orders to head to Paisland." The Count went quiet again. He had not gotten to know Sir Donte or Dame Kateera yet. He would need to remedy that. "Let me know if that changes. Now go and check on the men, I have some thinking to do." The Captain saluted and left the Count to his thinking. The Count's eyes stared at the sea as if by sheer will he could get the Sapphire Deep to reveal its secrets to him.

Roleplay from Kateera McDowell   (37 minutes ago) message to all nobles of D'Hara

Kateera looked over the railing to the churning waters below and closed her grey eyes tightly. She couldn’t watch anymore. She hadn’t found her sea legs yet, but she did everything in her power to contain her discomfort. Grabbing a handful of red hair she held it to the nape of her neck and leaned over the side. How could she still be sick, she had already emptied the contents of her stomach. She was so glad she had not come across anyone in this state, she would die of mortification. It was very unladylike to say the least...

She looked around to the rest of the men on board, was she seriously the only one affected? How did they continue to laugh and joke among one another when all she wanted to do was groan her misery away. They must have a cure, they had do, and she needed to find out what it was before someone found her passed out on the deck. But first she had to... no she couldn’t move yet, just a few more minutes.

Roleplay from Drizztle Sharpspeare   (20 minutes ago) message to all nobles of D'Hara

The Captain came running up. "Mi'lord, the lookout reports a ship far to starboard. We will have to get closer to make a definate determination, but the lookout believes the ship is caring one Royal Navy."

At that, Drizztle perked up. "One of ours? Hmmm..." He turned and looked his Captain in the eyes. Most men would have fidget due to that look, but not Captain Werner. Werner had served him long enough to know his lord and to know his lord perferred his Captain to strong enough to wistand a look. That was one of the reasons the dependable man was like by Drizztle.

"Get us closer and determine who is on that ship," order the Count. The Captain saluted and turned to pass the orders onto the ship captain. For the first time in two days, Count Drizztle smiled. Whether or not this ship had D'Harans or not, he would have some excitement.

Roleplay from Donte Dontavion   (15 minutes ago) message to all nobles of D'Hara

As they approached Paisland, Donte realized they had made good time, too good in fact as he was ahead of the rest of the fleet. "We make camp and wait for the others." His usual playful demeanor seemed dampened. "Keep a guard up and take shifts we are in hostile lands."
     He lay back and stared up at the stars thinking of the morrow and the battle to come.

Roleplay from Kateera McDowell   (7 minutes ago) message to all nobles of D'Hara

She had managed to raise her head long enough to notice a ship ahead. Though her moment of calmness didn’t last very long she was back to leaning over the edge. “My Lady,” someone approached her, placing a soothing hand over her back. “There is another ship...” he managed to say before she weakly pushed him away.

“What is your secret man... how do you stand this....” that was all she managed to say.

The ship seemed to calm as the other approached but she wasn’t sure. There seemed to be a commotion on deck, and Kateera did her best to move away from the railing and appear presentable. This was not her best moment...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:56:42 AM by Sharpspeare »
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
Re: Royal Navy's travels
« Reply #1: November 08, 2016, 04:26:41 AM »
Roleplay from Drizztle Sharpspeare all nobles of D'Hara

As the ship got closer, Count Drizztle could see commotion on the other ship. Captain Werner and a couple of the men approach their lord. "What do you make of this men?" Drizztle asked. The men gave each other looks while Captain Werner just stared at the other ship. "They are probably preparing for boarding. We did come in quickly and failed to signal that we are D'Harans," Captain Werner posited.

Count Drizztle turned to his captain with a bemused expression. "We didn't signal? HA! Well signal them now. I want to know if we are going to be killing some pirates or drinking with friends." As the men rushed to follow the order given, Drizztle turned back to staring at the ship. He considered 'Is that a red haired woman? Do we have any red headed nobles in the Royal Navy?'
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:54:26 AM by Sharpspeare »
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #2: November 08, 2016, 04:34:26 AM »
Roleplay from Kateera McDowell   (just in) message to all nobles of D'Hara

“They’re friendlies My lady,” one of the men spoke, though she could have swore he was shouting at her. “It appears to be the royal navy.”

Well she had not expected that though perhaps she should have seeing as they were most likely the only ones sailing near Paisland. “Well what are you waiting for, prepare to receive them.” She tried to brush her long hair away from her face, and closed her eyes to try and still her mind. Bad idea....

She walked over as best she could and gave the man her best smile.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:55:18 AM by Sharpspeare »

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #3: November 08, 2016, 04:53:53 AM »

Drizztle could see the other ship getting ready to receive him. These were his people, not pirates. So he put on a smile. He studied the others on that ship. Most seemed confident and calm. But one seemed to suffering from sea sickness. After a lifetime of traveling and fighting, he could tell the signs. She was trying to hide, but failing.

"Hello there! Care for some company?" Drizztle shouted out. His men behind him laughed. A short burst of it. They needed better amusement, and hopefully these fellows of the Royal Navy could provide it.

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #4: November 08, 2016, 05:17:18 AM »
Roleplay from Kateera McDowell   (just in) message to all nobles of D'Hara

“Welcome aboard, Sir?” Kateera inquired, unsure who the man was, as he finally approached. She had never met him before, though she hadn’t met many nobles since her arrival in D’Hara, perhaps only Sir Donte, but that had been a short lived encounter. “I will welcome the company,” she smiled again, and she placed a hand over her stomach. How could he look so composed and she a complete disaster? This wouldn’t be her best first impression.

She motioned behind her and allowed the men to embark. “Perhaps you would care for something to drink.” At the mention of drink, she felt her face change. Had she turned green? “My apologies, I seem to... I don’t do well on ships...” she admitted lamely. “Would you know of a cure that would help?”

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #5: November 08, 2016, 05:38:44 AM »

Count Drizztle looked the struggling woman in the eyes. "My men could whip up a tonic for you. It usually helps the couple of men who get sick. But if you want a second option, food. Stuff your belly until it's full. Leave no room for sickness to take hold. The choice is yours, of course." She seemed surprised. Or maybe that was the sea sickness again.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Drizztle Sharspeare, current Count of Sallowwild. And you, let me guess. I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting Sir Donte, but I do not believe you are him. So you must be the other one Marshal Barrett told me about. Dame Kateera I presume." And with that he gave a small bow. A polite gesture that was drilled into him in his youth.

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #6: November 08, 2016, 05:48:04 AM »

Captain Werner coughed. "Mi'lord, BARON. You have not been a Count in a while." The man had to good sense to keep his mouth shut after that. Minimum amount of embarrassment for his lord. Nobles could be touchy when you have to correct them.

Drizztle turned to his Captain. "Count, Baron, Justiciar...I've held many titles over my years. You'll have to excuse me for temporarily forgetting my current title." And with that, Drizztle gave a shrug and a smile smile.

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #7: November 08, 2016, 07:32:40 PM »
Roleplay from Kateera McDowell   (1 hour, 9 minutes ago) message to all nobles of D'Hara

Kateera smiled at the Baron in turn. “Yes, Dame Kateera,” she lowered her eyes and gave him a respectful greeting. “If you would be so kind, I would like to take you up on the offer of that tonic.” Perhaps if she felt a bit better, she could then eat like he suggested. Though thinking of food, made her stomach do somersaults at the moment. “I apologize for my appearance” she added the last softly. “It has been a terrible voyage… I cannot wait to get on land, at this point the sooner the better regardless of where we land.”

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #8: November 08, 2016, 08:20:51 PM »

Drizztle motioned for Captain Werner to go and prepare the tonic. "Dame Kateera, my men will deliver the tonic to you shortly. In the meantime, let's talk." The two of them walked a bit away from the others. Drizztle talked about himself for a bit. He then inquired into her life. They talked for an hour before Captain Werner interrupted.

"Mi'lord, we need to be going." Drizztle sighed. "We shall meet again, rest assured," he told Kateera. "I shall look for you on the battlefield. It should be easy to find that red hair of yours. It catches the eye." His men made their goodbyes, and Drizztle waved to Kateera. Hoepfully he made a good impression. Still, battle calls and he does not wish to miss it.

The two vessels parted way. It never occurred to Drizztle that the two ships parted ways heading to two different ports. He looked for Dame Kateera's ship, but could not find it before the battle began. He did however see the banner for Sir Donte before his men were forced into action.

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #9: November 09, 2016, 04:46:03 AM »
Roleplay from Donte Dontavion   (15 minutes ago) message to all nobles of D'Hara

Donte awoke cold and stiff, he seemed to be covered in dirt and body parts. His eyes scanned around him looking to see the damage his men had suffered. He quickly noticed Captain Agnes was sitting up and keeping watch, he noticed Donte's movement. "Sir you are back with us!"
   "I had a hard time stopping the bleeding." He noticed the discomfort on Donte's face. "The bodies were necessary to hide you from the dead."
      "I understand." Donte said. "And the men?" He asked not wanting to hear the answer.
       "Fourty five sir." He answered without looking at Donte. "Thirteen still wounded."
       "It appears we should be happy we aren't all dead." Donte spoke as he forced himself up. "Any news from the commander?"
   "No sir. We still wait for orders." Captain Agnes beamed clearly happy to see his lord move again.
      "Very well tend to the wounded and be prepared for anything." Donte sat back and began to tend to his wounds, unfortunately he was still bleeding.

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #10: November 09, 2016, 05:12:09 AM »
Roleplay from Drizztle Sharpspeare, all nobles of D'Hara

Drizztle went among his men, checking their wounds. He had lost about half of his men. Some were just wounded, others would never leave Paisland again. Captain Werner assisted him. His ever faithful Captain. "Mi'lord, you should see to yourself. The men need you to be ready to lead us in the next fight," Captain Werner pleaded. Drizztle just gave him a look and continued looking after his men, despite his own wound.

After a while, Drizztle asked his Captain, "Anyway word from the others?" Captain Werner waited a moment before answering. "No Mi'lord. We believe Marshal Barrett has been wounded, but we haven't been able to confirm it. One of our scouts believes he has found where Sir Donte and his men are." Drizztle considered the news. This does not look good. He must do something.

"Captain, send word to Sir Donte. Inquire into his health. And inform him we must prepare for the next battle. See if he could bring his men closer to ours. Safety in numbers," Drizztle ordered. The Captain saluted and turned to see the scouts. Drizztle would face whatever came his way; and he was determined to not be the only one to survive.

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor