Author Topic: Approved: Prevent Nobles Lacking Honour From Having Police Units  (Read 1681 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Title:

Prevent Nobles Lacking Honour From Having Police Units

Summary:

Do not allow nobles with less than 15 honour make their units police units.

Details:

From what I have seen, read and been told nobles with less that 15 honour can make their units police units. This will result in their unit suffering from the downsides of being a police unit but, they are unable to enjoy the benefits (as the noble does not have enough honour to utilize the police work commands).  With this in mind, it might make more sense to prevent nobles with less than 15 honour  from designating their units as police units rather than allowing them to make a change that only disadvantage them.

Benefits:

As some nobles with less than 15 honour belong to new players, this would keep them from unintentionally taking on assignments that they can not fulfill or from weakening their units for no real reason.

Possible Downsides/Exploits:

There may be some cases in which a noble with less that 15 honour might want to set their unit as a police unit. My inquiries thus far suggest that this is unlikely to be the case but I am not 100% confident on this point yet.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 03:00:09 AM by Vita »

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Good suggestion, its also more new player friendly.
It doesn't make sense to be able to change your unit to police force if you cant use it.
I am pretty sure this has been overlooked.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I'll have to double-check that there's nothing useful characters with under 15 honour can do with police units, but this sounds like a Good Idea.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
When one of my characters was just starting out, he was in a regon that his fellow nobles were working on restoring. It was suggested he change his unit into a police unit. If I remember correctly, he was able to do nothing. It was pointless for him at the time. This suggestion would help prevent that.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor