Author Topic: Tutorial - creating a new and updated one for beginning players  (Read 20907 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Sooooo I signed up for MandF a while ago, and watched the video tutorial. Then I thought, "Why do we not have a video tutorial for BattleMaster?" and so I decided to screen capture the creation of a character and how to understand the basic system of the game. I made a throwaway account (I apologize for this, the character I made I deleted immediately after, and I will delete the account if we like the video idea/don't need to change it. The account will not be used for anything else).

I basically just made a character, and then went through the menus one by one and explained the basics of what goes on. I figured that would be a good way to ensure all the general stuff is covered. I figure a video from YouTube could just be embedded somewhere on the site that is accessible for new players. Maybe we could add a tutorial tab on the family page above "Wiki" or something? Embed a video, have helpful links, etc...?

Anyways, tell me what you guys think. The video is a little longer than I think I want (20 min) but hit me with your feedback. I could always make a bunch of shorter videos (i.e. one for Messages, one for Information, etc...)

https://youtu.be/eVzFrasoK2k
Hit me with your feedback!
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.