Author Topic: Tutorial - creating a new and updated one for beginning players  (Read 435 times)

JDodger

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
It should be a basic play guide that scales with the experience of the player. "Heres how to be a Knight," "heres how to be a Lord," "a marshal," etc
Why then Selenia should DEFINITELY come to visit? Richer AND Happier you say? That must be seen to be believed.

Wimpie

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
It should be a basic play guide that scales with the experience of the player. "Heres how to be a Knight," "heres how to be a Lord," "a marshal," etc

Well, this is what we have now, but severely outdated:

Would you use a similar layout/approach and just enhance it with up to date screenshots and information, or go for an entirely different approach?

I think it's best to hear from inexperienced players in your realms to hear what would really be helpful.
BM Characters: Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Nasgar (Westfold, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL) and Jeames (Vix Tiramora, EC)

Wimpie

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I've tried contacting every new player in the realms I play in, but only like 2 of them reacted. And they did not really use the Tutorial.

Anyone else who knows of people with different experiences?
BM Characters: Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Nasgar (Westfold, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL) and Jeames (Vix Tiramora, EC)

JDodger

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I wouldnt use that either. Too slow too much extraneous detail. Ill try to put together an opening chapter as a sample of how id build it
Why then Selenia should DEFINITELY come to visit? Richer AND Happier you say? That must be seen to be believed.

Wimpie

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I wouldnt use that either. Too slow too much extraneous detail. Ill try to put together an opening chapter as a sample of how id build it

That'd be great, thanks.