Author Topic: Bulk buy adventure gear  (Read 1745 times)

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Bulk buy adventure gear
« Topic Start: January 05, 2017, 06:43:20 PM »
Hi,

This may have been suggested before but if not...

Like the title says. Allow adventurers to bulk buy improvements to combat/adventure gear. Perhaps offer bundles of 5% or 10%

Currently Advies spend an hour haggling over an item that is 1% better then another hour haggling over another 1%.... I may be misunderstanding things but surely it would be more realistic for said advie to go in and say I have 20 gold can I get a 5% upgrade which I will haggle over for an hour instead of spending 5 hours over each 1% upgrade to achieve the same thing.

PRO's - saves advie hours for more interesting things such as hunting and sleeping lol.

EXPLOITS - I guess an advie might sell an item to a 'friendly' noble for over the odds and be gifted more money than they should be allowing them to progress their gear faster than is appropriate... however this should even out over time regardless... they'd still need to train.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Bulk buy adventure gear
« Reply #1: January 05, 2017, 07:33:25 PM »
I think that 1 exploit you mention there is for me the biggest no-no on this request.

Various factors influence how much that 1 percent of gear costs in a specific region.

Offering bundles will definately make it too easy, I think. Nobles are nowadays throwing their gold at advies for scrolls or items.

But this is my opinion. I'm not playing the adventurer game any more so not sure what plays there.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 05, 2017, 07:41:56 PM »
The Advie is still limited by skill.

25% skill is still 25% regardless of whether your gear is 26% or 96%.

Advies would still need to train and adventure... it just means they would have more useful hours to do so.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: January 05, 2017, 09:15:22 PM »
I think he meant by max limit. So if you have 10 combat gear, you won't get past 10%. Something like 10/10 instead of 10/100.