Author Topic: Population  (Read 15585 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Population
« Reply #30: January 10, 2017, 03:50:49 PM »
Just remove all restrictions for size and throw away stupid rogues... you will see Fissoa conquer whole continent with its new king :P

-Jaune

But I like fighting the rogues. It's why I came back to this game. :(
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: January 10, 2017, 05:41:19 PM »

ok, mayby we could make a deal, you can have rogues on that east side of Dwi :P

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: January 11, 2017, 04:43:58 PM »
Who wants to colonize the west and abandon the east entirely?

Zakilevo

« Reply #33: January 11, 2017, 05:10:55 PM »

You want to meet the fate of Westgard? :o

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: January 11, 2017, 06:16:37 PM »

What's bad with that? :P

That being said, the North-East's geography, albeit imperfect, is fairly superior to other places'. Although I guess, despite it barely ever happening, things could be different with a bunch of city states in the West (as opposed to a few giant realms as it always was).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: January 11, 2017, 09:59:40 PM »
What's bad with that? :P

That being said, the North-East's geography, albeit imperfect, is fairly superior to other places'. Although I guess, despite it barely ever happening, things could be different with a bunch of city states in the West (as opposed to a few giant realms as it always was).

The west only ever had one giant realm, and that was Astrum. Possibly Caerwyn before the crusade that destroyed it. After that was Kabrinskia/Farronite Republic, Asylon, and Niselur that had to fight together just to match Astrum.

Zakilevo

« Reply #36: January 11, 2017, 10:38:58 PM »
The west only ever had one giant realm, and that was Astrum. Possibly Caerwyn before the crusade that destroyed it. After that was Kabrinskia/Farronite Republic, Asylon, and Niselur that had to fight together just to match Astrum.

Realm size wise, Astrum was the largest. Noble count wise it was actually Asylon and Barca. At least in the west. I think in the east, it was Luria Nova.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
GundamMerc
« Reply #37: January 12, 2017, 01:38:05 AM »
Realm size wise, Astrum was the largest. Noble count wise it was actually Asylon and Barca. At least in the west. I think in the east, it was Luria Nova.

Depends when we are talking about. For a long time Barca was only a small, tiny realm. It was only towards the end when they got the huge population of Dwarf Fortress players that it became large in noble population.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: January 12, 2017, 03:02:16 AM »
Huge is relative, but Astrum was not the only meaningful realm in the area.

Everguard had from Eidulb to Valkyrja, so 4 potential duchies, for example, and was fairly strong during its time.

But my point wasn't that there was many huge realms over the years there, but that there were never really multiple realms there. I can only recall it happening in the very early days, Everguard quickly dislodging Caerwyn's initial colonization of Eidulb and pushing them to Golden Farrow.

As for Barca, it was tiny for all but a tiny fraction of its history.

Zakilevo

Re: GundamMerc
« Reply #39: January 12, 2017, 03:03:05 AM »
Depends when we are talking about. For a long time Barca was only a small, tiny realm. It was only towards the end when they got the huge population of Dwarf Fortress players that it became large in noble population.

And then the monsters came XD

I think it was close to the ice age well for dwilight it was monster age. Barca had like 33 players? It had quite a bit. Asylon had like 26 and Astrum only had 20. Astrum peaked during the war before the monsters came reaching 26. Recently Astrum peaked at 27 and came down a bit but for now Westgard is the largest. Luria Nova once had close to 50.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:04:56 AM by Zakky »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: January 12, 2017, 03:11:46 AM »
And then the monsters came XD

I think it was close to the ice age well for dwilight it was monster age. Barca had like 33 players? It had quite a bit. Asylon had like 26 and Astrum only had 20. Astrum peaked during the war before the monsters came reaching 26. Recently Astrum peaked at 27 and came down a bit but for now Westgard is the largest. Luria Nova once had close to 50.

Well Astrum formed a few colonies too.

Zakilevo

« Reply #41: January 12, 2017, 04:17:31 AM »
Well Astrum formed a few colonies too.

Our colonies rebelled :p

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: January 12, 2017, 07:53:16 PM »

Indeed. Funding colonies combined with colonies breaking away tends to have a negative long-term impact on noble count.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: January 17, 2017, 02:54:33 AM »
Maybe you can describe the rogues then. How tall are they? Do they have claws or many hands or many heads? :P

That's good point. I tried to colonize the north but could not abandon the east for too long.

Westgard is... they need all help they can get.

What have you done? Why would your colonies rebel? ???
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: January 17, 2017, 05:49:33 PM »
The monsters are about 2 feet tall, have no fur, pale skin, no teeth, no claws, but will kill you with their screeches. ;)