Author Topic: Every action and command should state in-game how many hours it requires.  (Read 8183 times)

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
How annoying it is to take some action in the game, thinking it requires no time, only to discover that your time pool went down after all. Posting a bounty takes one hour for each type of bounty, and this fact is not stated anywhere in-game. The wiki, of course, fails to mention it altogether.

Every action should clearly state in-game how many hours it requires.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Did you update the wiki to show this?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile

Every action should clearly state in-game how many hours it requires.

If I may add: every action should show how much it will cost. Eg expanding a recruiting center...

cjnodell

I agree. I think that the wiki is a great resource, but I think it is generally more user friendly to have such information right there in the game. Knowing how much gold and how many hours any given button click will take would be great. I can think of a lot more information I would like to see in game too...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I completely agree.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

I agree as well. This should be a fairly quick text change--I know it will take some time to go through all the menus, but still a lot easier than actual coding.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
I can't guarantee this will happen as it is quite a lot of work, but the place to start is by listing all the actions that do not have hours and costs already here.  There is a far greater chance of this happening if the dev team can just refer to a list of all the places that need updating rather than trying to figure that out.

Also, please list the hours it takes to do these things, as that saves the coders some time digging through trying to find that info.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 02:09:45 AM by Bedwyr »
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Adventurer: Buying equipment.

Noble: Joining Guild.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

egamma

Travel:
scout ahead-1 hour
field camp-should have ... to indicate a second page
turn around-1 hour
misdirection-1 hour

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
This is not the same issue being discussed, but its fixing should be similar.

I was talking with a friend about his adventurer, teaching him the ways of the game, and he copy/paste'd me something that got me a little bit confused:
"<buttercup> You are currently between Grodno (Rural, Luria Nova) and Cadier (Rural, Luria Nova).
<buttercup> You should arrive there in about 1 hour, i.e. at the next turn."

At first I thought it would be his noble, instead of his adventurer, as advies don't have turns, but he insisted it was the adventurer. Perhaps ", i.e. at the next turn." could be removed from the sentence, as it doesn't really make any sense in the context?

EDIT: Here it is http://i.imgur.com/fFw5w.png
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 01:53:44 AM by JPierreD »
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

egamma

This is not the same issue being discussed, but its fixing should be similar.

I was talking with a friend about his adventurer, teaching him the ways of the game, and he copy/paste'd me something that got me a little bit confused:
"<buttercup> You are currently between Grodno (Rural, Luria Nova) and Cadier (Rural, Luria Nova).
<buttercup> You should arrive there in about 1 hour, i.e. at the next turn."

At first I thought it would be his noble, instead of his adventurer, as advies don't have turns, but he insisted it was the adventurer. Perhaps ", i.e. at the next turn." could be removed from the sentence, as it doesn't really make any sense in the context?

EDIT: Here it is http://i.imgur.com/fFw5w.png

He should post that to the bugtracker as type text/text.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
would that be a part of a 16+ hour journey? (forgot how they work...)
firefox

egamma

would that be a part of a 16+ hour journey? (forgot how they work...)

Yes, that sounds like a 16+ hour journey for an advy. Say it's 20 hours, and they have 16 saved up. When they click travel, they immediately travel 16 hours, and the travel says 4 hours remaining. then every hour after that, the number of hours counts down by 1.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Exactly. I've never used the bugtracker, but can explore it and see how it works. Sure it's needed in this case? Doesn't seem like a "bug".

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
well.. if it counts down every hour, then next turn would be redundant and thus a bug..
firefox