Author Topic: Adventurers hear of good prices  (Read 1993 times)

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Adventurers hear of good prices
« Topic Start: January 30, 2017, 12:43:34 PM »

Summary:
High adventuring skill allows advy clad to occasionally hear of regions with good prices on gear and beer

Details:
I have trouble knowing if gear is a good price or not relative to other regions or at my percentage. Id like to occasionally hear if orders nearby are very good, say, within lowest 10% possible, like we do with high bounty pots now.

Benefits:
You can feel like you're getting a good deal, moving people around more, payoff for high adventuring skill and saving yourself some gold.

You could grade the percentage lower as your skill increases (character gets a better idea of what a good deal is)

Possible Downsides/Exploits:
None except a bit more gold and beer in your advy pocket

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurers hear of good prices
« Reply #1: February 04, 2017, 08:36:55 AM »
I personally don't think this is a good idea. The advie game is heavily reliant on cooperation, and players already kind of suck at that. If we keep gifting things to advies it makes them less likely to interact.

Best thing to do is create a group and work together. Partner up, trade information. Anyone who plays on Dwilight and is in the Rangers Guild can tell you if you work together, the advie game is waaaaaay more fun, and a hell of a lot easier.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 05, 2017, 11:45:24 AM »
I personally don't think this is a good idea. The advie game is heavily reliant on cooperation, and players already kind of suck at that. If we keep gifting things to advies it makes them less likely to interact.

Best thing to do is create a group and work together. Partner up, trade information. Anyone who plays on Dwilight and is in the Rangers Guild can tell you if you work together, the advie game is waaaaaay more fun, and a hell of a lot easier.

I kind of agree with Gildre here. Communication and interaction is still key in Battlemaster.

I had the same problem as you when I played advies, but you just need to ask around.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 05, 2017, 12:47:09 PM »
Well then, what about some sort of visible factor. Like "there are good prices here" dependent on your advy skill. Because,

1 this factor already exists in the game (secret multiplier) and
2 I actually have no idea at any given time whether the prices I'm expected to pay for gear is good or ripping me off.

Beer is a good example. It can go stupid high. You'd never buy it for more than ten gold and way less if you could find it.

At least if you understood what was a good price or not you could inform ppl when they asked, prices here are fair/great/not so good, instead of guessing. If you asked me now what's an economical price to pay relevant to my %skill, I couldn't tell you.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Under Debate: Adventurers hear of good prices
« Reply #4: April 28, 2017, 02:28:42 AM »
I suppose we could arrange a 'beer for sale' notice for cheap prices under 5 gold (or maybe less). Thing is, by the time you travel there, the prices will probably have changed. :P Makes it a bit pointless I would think?