Author Topic: Declaring hatred restrictions  (Read 1864 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Declaring hatred restrictions
« Topic Start: March 01, 2017, 12:27:23 PM »
What restricts a realm from declaring hatred?
When i try to declare hatred i get this message:

You can not declare hatred on Spearhold because you already hate Netherworld.
You must improve your relations with Netherworld before you can declare hatred on Spearhold.

This messages seems to indicate that one can only hate one other realm, is this right?
Is the Netherworld an exception to this rule?
They hate 3 other realms and are hated by 5.

Why is there a restriction in place for this?
Can this restriction be removed? or atleast removed for Beluatera, the stage of a classic good vs evil conflict.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Declaring hatred restrictions
« Reply #1: March 01, 2017, 01:08:23 PM »
NPC realms can hate multiple others, normal realms not.

About removing it, I await comments of Delvin and/or Vita.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 01, 2017, 02:08:27 PM »
The idea is that until and unless you actually carry through with what you say you're going to do (ie, wipe those dirty baby-eaters off the face of the earth), your people won't let you off the hook for that long enough to pay attention to your claims that those other guys are also baby-eaters.

Hatred isn't just a way to get some minor TO benefits against another realm. It actually means something in-game, and you have to take that into account.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 01, 2017, 02:30:32 PM »

Hatred isn't just a way to get some minor TO benefits against another realm. It actually means something in-game, and you have to take that into account.

There are TO benefits?
I understand some people play the strictly pragmatic, but that doesnt have anythign to do with this at all.
People can still use the mechanic to hate one realm without meaning, just for what ever benfits there are.

The realm i am playing in will fight to destroy the targeted realms, with or without hatred.
Sometimes a realm can hate more then one.
and in my current case in Beluaterra, the population will see it as one single threat, not several.
Its the fight against the daimons and the realms that aligned them selves to the daimons.

They hate the Netherworld and their allies, but cant express that in terms of diplomacy due to this restriction.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 03, 2017, 02:08:53 AM »
The restriction helps prevent rulers from screwing their realms over by declaring hatred on everyone, given the mess of removing the status, if nothing else.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron