Author Topic: Funeral Games  (Read 21549 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Re: Funeral Games
« Reply #45: May 19, 2017, 11:18:52 PM »
I have to favor the other side a little here. People seem to think adventurers can roam the continent all willy nilly. Such is not the case. Adventurers belong to realms. For example,

Noble X is part of Caligus. That player has Adventurer X who belongs to GX. Adventurer X wanders up to Castle Ubent hunting monsters. Since Vix Tiramora is at war with GX, I think it is perfectly reasonable to arrest and subsequently execute Adventurer X. And really, Vix doesn't need to explain itself or have any other proof than suspicion. It is a commoner. Dime a dozen. No rights. A citizen of an enemy realm.

However, if Noble X is part of Caligus, and has Adventurer X who belongs to Vix Tiramora, and Vix arrests Adventurer X and executes based solely on their family name, then I would consider that unsportmanlike gaming. However, I have not heard any reports of this matter. All executions that I have heard of have been adventurers from enemy realms.

I will further elaborate. Gilth was a founding member of Vix, and he also defected to GX. I think it is safe to say that the Gildre name was rather well known. I have an adventurer on the EC, Alvira, who belongs to Vix as a member of the realm. She has been arrested, beat up, and executed zero times by Vix Tiramora.

She has, however, been arrested by Caligus while traveling on the border. Good catch on Caligus' part. The Judge at the time let me off with a warning (mad dope love btw), but that was his own personal decision. I got caught by an enemy realm and was completely at their mercy.

I think realms should be suspicious of adventurers, and I also think that realms should employ adventurers as behind enemy lines scouts way more. They wouldn't have the Scout Region option if it wasn't intended for them to pull some risky maneuvers like that.

I will say though, if you are playing an adventurer and you are arrested by your own realm and executed based on your family name, that should be brought up. While it doesn't go against any rules that I am aware of, it is the player playing as a player, rather than playing as their character. Or "meta" gaming as you crazy kids call it these days.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.