Author Topic: Funeral Games  (Read 21816 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Funeral Games
« Topic Start: April 22, 2017, 05:41:20 PM »
It has been forever, from what I recall, since the last time a tournament was held on the EC. I thought it would be a great excuse to have one for Gilth's "funeral games". I was kind of surprised that no one was willing. After all, his family is from Aix and he spent a lot of his young life fighting for Perdan in the Northern War. He was a founding member of Vix Tiramora. With those sorts of histories, I thought it would go down for sure. The Gildre family would be terribly insulted! lol

I am just curious as to the rejection? Surely the war will still be there in a week, no? Enemies could gather and compete, do some role playing (the gravitational force of the game, in case people have forgotten...), and do some trash talking. A couple people win glory for their realms, and we can carry on with the war after.

I just like to shake things up. Get people jazzed about the game again. Mix it up with players they don't interact with often. That is why we are all here, no?

I dunno. Maybe I am just crazy.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Funeral Games
« Reply #1: April 22, 2017, 07:16:16 PM »
You think anyone cares about history  :(

Nope, we're just playing a big game of risk with some medieval window dressing. Apparently. Gilth was a dork but he was Godric's favourite dork to prod. He won't say he misses him but he has definitely lost a worthy man to fight alongside.  :'(

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 22, 2017, 10:22:45 PM »
No one contacted Perdan regarding hosting these games
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 22, 2017, 11:37:26 PM »
I contacted Selenia about Gildre's death, but got no reply.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 23, 2017, 12:02:44 AM »
Strange. You both have my sincere apologies as a player!

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 23, 2017, 11:10:45 AM »
Yeah no word about hosting a tournament in Vix..

So either it was not offered to Vix. Or either our ruler hasn't told us anything about it.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #6: April 23, 2017, 02:49:40 PM »
Sorry guys, that was on me. I started a new job this week and am still adjusting. My logon's have gone down. In fact, for the first time ever, I lost a position due to inactivity. I was stunned. And bc GX is so high-volume, chugging through my messages has taken a while. Officially, Selenia was in mourning and withdrew from court for it.

In any case, im back now and trying to make up for it. I would love to host funeral rights for Gilth, he was a big deal in Xavax, but would there be any real interest in doing so?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 23, 2017, 08:13:56 PM »
Sorry guys, that was on me. I started a new job this week and am still adjusting. My logon's have gone down. In fact, for the first time ever, I lost a position due to inactivity. I was stunned. And bc GX is so high-volume, chugging through my messages has taken a while. Officially, Selenia was in mourning and withdrew from court for it.

In any case, im back now and trying to make up for it. I would love to host funeral rights for Gilth, he was a big deal in Xavax, but would there be any real interest in doing so?

Not a problem at all. We've all been through it. And to be honest, I don't have Jeames be very active right now either.

From my personal players view (and Jeames view), he would support a tournament in Gildre's honour. I can't speak for the rest of Vix.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 24, 2017, 03:02:40 AM »
The only good Xavax is a dead Xavax, so of course Perdan would be honored to attend such an event.

jk  8)
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 24, 2017, 03:33:55 AM »
Haha savage AF!!

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 24, 2017, 04:06:05 AM »
 8) 8) 8)

if you want rp.... rp! your leaders are busy dealing with me and my homies  8)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 24, 2017, 04:07:25 AM »
dealing with in the sense of trying to cope with our awesome power, certainly not in the other sense that phrase might be taken in

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 24, 2017, 07:27:40 PM »
As a new member of the East Continent, I'd be psyched to see a tournament! A few great memorial messages about Gilth flew around Vix after his death, so it makes me think there'd be an appetite, at the very least from those who knew him

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 25, 2017, 07:22:01 AM »
As a new member of the East Continent, I'd be psyched to see a tournament! A few great memorial messages about Gilth flew around Vix after his death, so it makes me think there'd be an appetite, at the very least from those who knew him

Totes, Gilth was awesome. Both as an ally and as an enemy.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #14: April 25, 2017, 02:07:26 PM »
Im glad to know his character was so respected. Ok, we'll do it. GX just needs another tax day to get our funds up. Will make an announcement to the rulers later.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"