Author Topic: The North-East Ablaze  (Read 21735 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The North-East Ablaze
« Reply #30: May 11, 2017, 01:47:06 PM »
If Astrum would just absorb Morek, it'd be one hell of a beast.

Westfold could try to absorb HD.

Then again, small realms are good for sparking forest fires.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: May 11, 2017, 02:23:03 PM »
So I'm not sure where Graeth is coming from to place any blame for any future events on Morek.

To be honest, I didn't realize how low Morek's numbers were, even with their multi getting caught.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: May 11, 2017, 02:39:33 PM »
Interesting plague that kills only those of noble blood instantly and only in a specific realm...
So it spreads real quick for a very short time or something? :P

Whats wrong with punishment from the gods? or black magic?
Its always fun to execute someone for it, put all the blame on that one person, that's what we humans do when tragedy strikes, offer a scapegoat.
Who knows, if you don't the problem will return? :P
Just crucify someone!
Crucify someone in the name of Bloodstars? Now that could work if you have enough nobles for all Government Positions. Now you see where I come from, a small realm as Chenier has stated. But my character has not turned insane and mad yet, not by Bloodstars :P

Agree fully with you on this part. But then Astrum will become too big for its own good.

And forest fires and camp fires should go along together ;)

To be honest, I didn't realize how low Morek's numbers were, even with their multi getting caught.
No worry about that :)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: May 11, 2017, 04:21:16 PM »
Well, there's always Luria, which currently has the strongest economy of the continent. And a stupidly favorable geography. And while Astrum has a good advance on everyone in terms of CS, who knows how much of that is militia in its cities and other random regions. Add in the distance, and what was seen in the past, Luria could challenge Astrum. Even if it absorbed Morek, I'd reckon.

Then you could add in the rest of the continent. It'd be a fantastic opportunity for Fissoa and Madina to get involved, for example.

Pffff, as if.  ::)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: May 11, 2017, 05:09:18 PM »

Yeah, the whole large realm thing doesn't work out well for the rest of the island's players.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: May 11, 2017, 07:34:33 PM »
Yeah, the whole large realm thing doesn't work out well for the rest of the island's players.

It's really hard to predict, I don't think there are hard rules of how realms of a certain size will influence global politics.

Realms being too small can also hinder warfare by their inability to conquer cities. And there's always the "why take more regions, we already don't have enough nobles for all of our regions", which is worse in realms with few players.

Behemoths can snuff out conflict... but they also have the means to spark them, unlike micro states who cannot snuff out conflict, but do not really have the means to spark them. The HD vs Morek conflict can only escalate as much as the bigger nations want it to.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: May 13, 2017, 01:03:44 AM »
Small allies are better than one big realm if they are coordinated.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: May 13, 2017, 01:04:06 AM »

*insert xavax joke*
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: May 13, 2017, 01:38:29 AM »

A collection of small realms will have, theoretically, an economic advantage through higher tax tolerance. A larger realm, however, will always have an easier time coordinating multiple armies when required, and a large blob of death when needed. How it plays out really depends on the players involved.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: May 13, 2017, 01:57:26 AM »
Small realms tend to be more self motivated and cohesive. Big realms tend to have a lot more zombies and leeches.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: May 13, 2017, 01:57:51 AM »
Damn my rhymes are fresh without even realizing

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: May 13, 2017, 02:01:27 AM »
Small realms tend to be more self motivated and cohesive. Big realms tend to have a lot more zombies and leeches.

I used to think as much, I no longer do. Especially since the limit was brought down to 1 character per continent.

Density is what helps the most, imo, and while smaller realms used to be more dense, that hasn't really been the case in quite a while.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: May 14, 2017, 03:49:30 AM »
molly percocet kill your whole government

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: May 14, 2017, 04:27:42 AM »
And the powder keg has finally been lit! It reminds me of my blitz against Fronen when their General was being mean, and my army just happened to be set on murderous and killed them along with their army, though of course that was successful.  8)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: May 14, 2017, 08:37:15 AM »
8)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 02:59:04 AM by JDodger »