Author Topic: The Siege of Domus  (Read 9521 times)

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
The Siege of Domus
« Topic Start: May 10, 2017, 07:58:45 AM »
Damn that was fun. Weeks in the making, can't remember the last time I was that excited about something in a game.

Curious what people think of the battle strategies employed? Beyond the obvious (Fallangard joining the fight next time, Eponllyn not using Marshall settings), what do y'all think each side could / should have done differently?

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Domus
« Reply #1: May 10, 2017, 08:33:46 AM »
Damn that was fun. Weeks in the making, can't remember the last time I was that excited about something in a game.

Curious what people think of the battle strategies employed? Beyond the obvious (Fallangard joining the fight next time, Eponllyn not using Marshall settings), what do y'all think each side could / should have done differently?

I'm not all about line settings and tactics. I was just happy GX didn't show up to help their allies.

Caligus just lost their capital trying to defend GX while they are simply having fun in MoI  ::)
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #2: May 10, 2017, 04:24:56 PM »
GX remembers the siege of Ibladesh. It took us months to recover after that and Domus would have been worse. And even if we had, the TO was done on the turn of battle anyway. I still can't believe Domus was left uncovered.

Your team had ours in checkmate this round.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 10, 2017, 04:41:22 PM »
GX remembers the siege of Ibladesh. It took us months to recover after that and Domus would have been worse. And even if we had, the TO was done on the turn of battle anyway. I still can't believe Domus was left uncovered.

Your team had ours in checkmate this round.

Negative, takeover calculations are done after battles. So in general, if Caligus' side would have won, the TO would have been stopped at 96-98%.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #4: May 10, 2017, 05:24:47 PM »
I am very sad that I did not have the chance to die gloriously in that battle

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 10, 2017, 05:34:34 PM »
It would be great if I didn't get wounded for 2-3 days so I could join in on the post-battle messages. I currently have 90 news that I can't read and it's driving me crazy!  :o
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #6: May 10, 2017, 05:42:24 PM »
Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil), William (IVF), Katrina (Fronen), Callandor II (Ohnar West)

My my that's an old family! But speaking of being wounded, is there anything listed that I can look up that gives more insight into the mechanics behind the likelihood of being wounded or captured?

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 10, 2017, 06:49:14 PM »
This sort of stuff was exactly why I was all about getting some real wars started in the North when I was still there. "Recover our warrior spirit", my char said. "Not totally suck when the time of war comes", was I thinking. Oh well  ::)
D'Espana Family

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 10, 2017, 11:05:43 PM »

My my that's an old family! But speaking of being wounded, is there anything listed that I can look up that gives more insight into the mechanics behind the likelihood of being wounded or captured?

Neither his nor my character are wounded due to battle. Those damn pesky Sirionese infiltrators...  >:(
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 11, 2017, 03:43:39 AM »
I am kind of thinking it would have been better to march out a day prior. Hit Domus, wait a turn to heal before rallying, and have the allies march in on the same turn the rally was conducted. Probably would have lost both battles, but perhaps could have killed enough Vix CS to stop the TO? Two battles might have been enough to drop their CS below the necessary limit to continue a TO.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 11, 2017, 03:46:11 AM »
I am kind of thinking it would have been better to march out a day prior. Hit Domus, wait a turn to heal before rallying, and have the allies march in on the same turn the rally was conducted. Probably would have lost both battles, but perhaps could have killed enough Vix CS to stop the TO? Two battles might have been enough to drop their CS below the necessary limit to continue a TO.
Good strategy. You shall be General henceforth!
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #11: May 11, 2017, 06:47:46 AM »
Good strategy. You shall be General henceforth!

Believe me, I tried.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 11, 2017, 01:54:34 PM »
My my that's an old family!

Aye, I wish I had known about the auto-delete after 120 days of being in a deep freeze. Apparently all the info is still on the servers of those lost accounts. There is a feature that could be put into play which connects old family histories with new accounts. Just need a dev to put some time into it which isn't likely since there is always so much else to do or fix! Wish I knew how to code to help them out..

Anyways, back to the original discussion. I hope there are more major battles like these. Wicked fun!
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 11, 2017, 05:08:40 PM »
Aye, I wish I had known about the auto-delete after 120 days of being in a deep freeze. Apparently all the info is still on the servers of those lost accounts. There is a feature that could be put into play which connects old family histories with new accounts. Just need a dev to put some time into it which isn't likely since there is always so much else to do or fix! Wish I knew how to code to help them out..
Not so much 'connect to new account'. There's not nearly the info preserved to 'restore' the account, but we do plan to make old family histories viewable by anyone (possibly, publicly to anyone without an account).

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 11, 2017, 07:11:15 PM »
Not so much 'connect to new account'. There's not nearly the info preserved to 'restore' the account, but we do plan to make old family histories viewable by anyone (possibly, publicly to anyone without an account).

Either way, very cool! I won't hold my breath for the feature but look forward to browsing through old family histories sometime in the future!