Author Topic: Rejected: New Class - Hospitaller  (Read 4792 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: New Class - Hospitaller
« Reply #15: May 25, 2017, 04:48:14 PM »
I'd see no issue with greatly buffing the hero, personally. You risk *dying*. Considering that with all of my heroes, I never once got to recruit locals, and only sporadically got to tell my tale, the experience was rather underwhelming and, in my mind, placed the subclass into the "only pick if you HOPE to die" category instead of "only pick if you are willing to accept the RISK to die". If more people take it, then... great? Characters dying leave vacuums for other people. Also weakens the realm, even if the guy remakes a character right away. If anything, increase the hero perks greatly, and risk to die slightly.

I like this. And it ties in neatly with what Vita suggested earlier about hero class combos like hero+priest=hospitaller action option. We could eventually come up with something for the other subclasses as well.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: New Class - Hospitaller
« Reply #16: June 06, 2017, 08:00:40 PM »
This is not D&D. Priests will not, ever, be "the healer class."

This was Tom's dictate from back in the day, and I agree with it 100%.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan