Author Topic: Best Unique Item Names!  (Read 21698 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Best Unique Item Names!
« Topic Start: May 24, 2017, 09:16:21 PM »
Now that we've had some more words & names added to potential unique item names, what are some of your favourite, amusing, or apt unique item names that you've spotted?

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Best Unique Item Names!
« Reply #1: May 24, 2017, 09:23:44 PM »
I loved the Obsidian Broadsword of Flame. Owain Bolton made a gift of it to Selenia before she emigrated to EC and it was lost in the crossing :-(
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 25, 2017, 05:23:46 AM »
Ancient oil of blood.

Which can be returned to Kilhorm on Bel or you can face his terrible wrath. Do not participate in any huge battles, we will find you
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 25, 2017, 08:56:44 AM »
Definitely the Aegis of Waffles  ::)

I have also recently obtained the Screaming Buckler of Antiqualia
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 08:59:04 AM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 25, 2017, 09:04:12 AM »
I am definitely biased in this, but I like the Salivating Shield of Salion's Swollen Tongue.
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #5: May 25, 2017, 04:35:34 PM »
I currently hold an item called "Grim Nose of Atamara" held by my Do'Urden.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 25, 2017, 09:28:01 PM »
One of my characters temporarily holds a Hammer of Ecstacy, so... yeah.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 26, 2017, 12:20:35 AM »

Hammer away at me!  ;D
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 26, 2017, 04:46:26 AM »
Aramon had at one point the Rusty Suit of Honesty paired with the Majestic Buckler of Dishonesty, which always got a chuckle out of me. I'm also fond of the Honed Broadsword of Unlife that Aramon lifted off Robb Starfall not long after the death and rebirth of Selenia JeVondair. I almost considered suggesting it had a hand in that.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 11, 2017, 03:45:51 AM »
That's some kinky BDSM you got goin' on there. ;)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 25, 2017, 09:16:08 AM »
Can I do a request for a unique item here?

Abbot Nosferatus, founding father of Madina, one of my characters from my previous family was ' killed' by his bastard son somewhere near Madina.
He was pierced stuck on a cliff by a spear and left for death.
Perhaps a great idea for a unique item on Dwilight, the spear that killed Abbot.

I was planning for my new character Antigone to go on a quest to find the spear.

This is the part of the RP that describes that particular event:

The whole RP can be read here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B-SLKlaUsvaRMtMi5BkZ9wQcJ17qO4leFsGWATRYXi4/edit?usp=sharing

Abbot eventually wakes up and notices being moved by horse and cart.
Everything is black and a headache now gradually sets in.
A few minutes later the carriage stops and he feels being thrown out on the ground.
He knows he is close to shore, the smell of the oceans wind and the sounds of dashing waves won’t ever surpass him unnoticed.
After being dragged for a while the cloth is taken from his face and he scans the area.
He is on the edge of a low rocky point stretching out in the ocean and Barabrossa stands right in front of him armed with a strong iron spear.

“Prepare yer self for yer final punishment father! Me self has waited for this moment for years and finally there shall be vengance. The world has never known a monster as horrible as ye! If we can’t kill ye, time shall!”

And with all the strength in his being he pierces the spear through his father into the rocks, entering his neck and exiting his left leg into the rocky bottom.

“By ‘er mercy will ye suffer as she takes ye bit by bit, wave by wave untill nothing remains of ye, ye will fade with the the hard rocky edge yer now part of. By ‘er mercy may ye suffer for an eternity!”

And so Barbrossa leaves his father to suffer, giving him one last glance as he walks away.
Abbot remains stuck on that rocky edge until time washes him away.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 25, 2017, 11:06:27 AM »
I'm pretty sure unique item names are put together randomly, based on a whole series of words/names/adjectives and whatnot.

Not sure that we're manually creating unique items.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 25, 2017, 11:46:37 AM »
I'm pretty sure unique item names are put together randomly, based on a whole series of words/names/adjectives and whatnot.

Not sure that we're manually creating unique items.

There is a topic about this here: https://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,7728.msg158136.html#msg158136

They are random yet often based on various old/significant role plays.
But it is not done through player input directly.
Putting out requests for certain items/item names would be really neat, and enrich the amount of in game refrence with items.
Yet the extra work it could take might not be worth it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 11:48:28 AM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 25, 2017, 12:49:53 PM »
I think Vita deals with Unique Items, perhaps he has a better view on this.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 25, 2017, 05:28:40 PM »
Wimpie is right, each element of a unique item name is randomly generated (though there are a few influencing factors such as the world you're on, the region you're in et cetera). Probably more than a year ago, I started adding historical character names to the unique item list, to add some potential roleplay depth. Many months ago, I started splitting names to only be used on the continent most associated with that character name; the exceptions are the War Island, Far East Island, and Atamara associated character names, which are available on all islands. Many months ago, I also added and/or split original realms of a continent, and most famous/influential realms of a continent, to be associated with only that continent. I also added code for each living realm to possibly be used in unique item names. Extra descriptive words were also added (weapon names, references to BM religions et cetera).

Nosferatus is also right, there have been manually-created unique items in the past. But only as part of GM roleplay interactions, such as the Zuma creating 3 religious artifacts for SA on Dwilight, or the most recent invasion corrupting the body parts of nobles slain by daimons on BT into disturbing/daimonic unique items.

I'm not inclined to manually create unique items based upon forum requests. Over a year/many months ago, I also increased chance of acquiring a unique item on each island, and having watched battle reports since then, I think each island has plenty of unique items with in-game references between historical character names, regions, original realms, famous realms, and living realms.