Author Topic: New Island Ideas  (Read 25812 times)

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: New Island Ideas
« Reply #45: August 12, 2011, 09:56:26 PM »
I do like the idea of more room for smaller realms, but I haven't seen it on Dwilight. The small either die or grow. They do not remain small. And often the only reason they manage to grow and stay alive is because every realm in the vicinity is too occupied by monsters and undead in their own regions.

I think this quote is quite baseless. Many of of dwilight's realm's remain relatively small. If you divided up Dwi into small, medium, large and growing, there would be: 3 large, 4 medium, 6 small and 3 growing.

Large: Astrum, Morek, and Caerwyn (we'll count Caerwyn despite recent events)

Medium: Luria Nova, Summerdale, Libero Empire, Terran (some of these are actually quite small by most standards)

Small: Fissoa, D'hara, Madina, Corsanctum, Asylon, PeL

Growing: Barca, Itaulond, Aurvandil

And new realms dont start just cause everyones too busy fighting monsters, they start because large realms are unstable in dwi and friendly successions become necessary, ie. Luria Nova/ Pel. Or because lot's of free land makes succession easier, ie. Aurvandil/ Madina. Or because they receive support from their neighbors in order to battle the insane monsters on dwi ie. Barca.

Fact is your best chance of being part of the process of starting a new realm comes from being on dwilight.
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.