Author Topic: New Island Ideas  (Read 25418 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Re: New Island Ideas
« Reply #30: August 12, 2011, 04:18:32 AM »
I don't think there's any rule anywhere that says you can't curse or do things with your character that might be considered 18+. I've had my character raped and have others pretty nasty things happen and no one piped up with the "Think of the children!" chant. Only once have I seen someone take something OOC by saying "You shouldn't do that, there are children playing". Even then it was just that one player reacting to someone cursing a lot.

Aren't pretty much all the other islands except Dwilight non-serious medieval atmosphere? I mean, Atamara had vikings wearing pink tutus and what not. There are religions with human sacrifice and pretty much anything you can imagine you can try to set up without getting slapped down by someone saying "you can't do that! It breaks the atmosphere!"

I learned my lesson for supposed swearing in Astrum with one of my first characters. At first I was just OOC exiled and then actually OOC banned for writing an RP with the word "queer" or something like that. It was even done by a real-life friend who had introduced me to the game as well.

As for a non-serious medieval atmosphere, I mean something along the lines of realms with foolish names, like 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!'
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: August 12, 2011, 07:00:54 AM »
Something like "You have been banned, your name is way too serious"?  :P
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: August 12, 2011, 07:09:12 AM »
give me a war island

Zakilevo

« Reply #33: August 12, 2011, 07:17:09 AM »
And then Sanguios Astroism can finally conqu... -errr, spread the truth to the world much easier.

Indeed. Words of stars must spread to all four corners of the world!

Well if there was an island with a sign saying 'mortality on 24/7' people with balls will join I am sure.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: August 12, 2011, 04:29:34 PM »
http://war-islands.org
not risk

funny story I have a perfect record on there because I went around 2v1 ganking then it got boring

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: August 12, 2011, 04:55:33 PM »
Your definition of a "funny story" appears to be quite different from mine.

Combining the islands would actually be quite interesting. A powerhouse on a small island, like Arcaea on FEI, would suddenly find itself a small fish in a huge pond compared to the likes of Sirion or Cagilan Empire.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: August 12, 2011, 05:16:35 PM »
Your definition of a "funny story" appears to be quite different from mine.

Combining the islands would actually be quite interesting. A powerhouse on a small island, like Arcaea on FEI, would suddenly find itself a small fish in a huge pond compared to the likes of Sirion or Cagilan Empire.

*Suddenly, a Wild Tectonic Movement appears!*

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: August 12, 2011, 05:19:10 PM »
Quote from: Velax link=topic :P011.msg19706#msg19706 date=1313160933

I was thinking the same thing. Though each island would act as a continent with a few shipping lanes connecting them. Perhaps FEI wouldn't even connect to Atamara, only Dwilight and East Continent. The Colonies would be smack-dab in the middle of everything  ::)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: August 12, 2011, 05:21:22 PM »
I was thinking the same thing. Though each island would act as a continent with a few shipping lanes connecting them. Perhaps FEI wouldn't even connect to Atamara, only Dwilight and East Continent. The Colonies would be smack-dab in the middle of everything  ::)

A strange time-space continuum would form itself!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #40: August 12, 2011, 08:39:18 PM »
I actually think combining all the islands onto one superhuge map would be great. It would greatly increase the variety of the game.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: August 12, 2011, 08:46:32 PM »
I actually think combining all the islands onto one superhuge map would be great. It would greatly increase the variety of the game.

Is not Dwilight big enough for ya? :p

The northern ones does not care what the southern ones does and vice versa. Superhuge would only be more not caring about realms far away.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #42: August 12, 2011, 08:54:09 PM »
I hate the small maps, all they lead to is either stalemates between large powers, or gangbangs. A larger map means more regions, which in turn means that even if a realm or group of realms dominate their local area, it doesn't mean a total hegemony of the continent/map. It also means more room for smaller realms.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:56:14 PM by Gustav Kuriga »

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: August 12, 2011, 09:02:28 PM »
I hate the small maps, all they lead to is either stalemates between large powers, or gangbangs. A larger map means more regions, which in turn means that even if a realm or group of realms dominate their local area, it doesn't mean a total hegemony of the continent/map. It also means more room for smaller realms.

Perhaps so, but everything becomes so anonymous on really large maps. Therefore I like small (but not too small, preferably around the size of EC). A place where one man can make a difference. I do like the idea of more room for smaller realms, but I haven't seen it on Dwilight. The small either die or grow. They do not remain small. And often the only reason they manage to grow and stay alive is because every realm in the vicinity is too occupied by monsters and undead in their own regions.

I think that I'm in a minority in this question though.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:04:50 PM by Kain »
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #44: August 12, 2011, 09:09:25 PM »
If you think one man can't make a difference, you obviously haven't been on Dwilight. One look at Allison Kabrinski's history, and you would know what I'm talking about.